to revise; to alter; to make changes and corrections prior to printing
pretense
edit
plane
specify

what does gaffes mean?

what does harsh mean? | 'as long as' vs 'when'
what does gaffes mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:53 am   what does gaffes mean?

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #115 "Synonyms for mistake and blunder", question 6

He paid a lot of money for the high quality machinery but a lot of technical ......... started to appear in the long run.

(a) errors
(b) blunders
(c) slips
(d) gaffes

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #115 "Synonyms for mistake and blunder", answer 6

He paid a lot of money for the high quality machinery but a lot of technical errors started to appear in the long run.

Correct answer: (a) errors
_________________________

what does gaffes mean?

Salman
Salman

what does gaffes mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:05 am   what does gaffes mean?

.
gaffe
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Sinful stocks or what?What does glum mean?What's the meaning of homonym, acronym, pseudonym?What is the meaning of spank?you will be fined vs. you will be finelaying vs. lyingHow do we use the modal verbs must and can?What's the difference between 'such breeds like' and 'such breeds as'?What is the meaning of "foxed"?What does this idiom mean "to ace something"?'they have been leaving for the airport' vs 'they were leaving for the airport'What is the difference between sink and drop?Could you distinguish 2 verbs 'remark' and 'notice'?