descending
intensive
constant
simple
downward

What does "stay dry" mean?

Celebrities are usually surrounded by their bodyguards? | What does apposition mean?
What does "stay dry" mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:53 am   What does "stay dry" mean?

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #10 "Under my Skin", question 7

It was simply a case of running away or being killed and we decided to run to save our skins.

(a) to stay away
(b) to stay dry
(c) to stay clear
(d) to stay alive

ESL/EFL Test #10 "Under my Skin", answer 7

It was simply a case of running away or being killed and we decided to run to stay alive.

Correct answer: (d) to stay alive
_________________________

What does "stay dry" means?
Sengshu

What does "stay dry" mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:42 am   What does "stay dry" mean?

.
Stay dry = not get wet (as from rain).
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does "stay dry" mean? #3 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:01 am   What does "stay dry" mean?

Hi Sengshu,

In addition to Mister Micawber's explanation I'd like to point out that your question should read What does "stay dry" mean?

TOEIC listening, photographs: Single white water canoe

what is the verb for the noun gold?What is mean by Free-Float Market Capitalisation?What does struck mean?Control marketing efforts?What is the difference between 'in' and 'on'?What does to squawk about mean?What does the abbreviation OTC stand for?difference between "you are" and "you're"?writing vs. rightgrammar of vocabulary tests?What is a planogram goods in the retail domain?What does "flex" mean?How can I become a forum member?