equal; equivalent; of equal rank or authority
portable
robust
unique
coordinate

What does apposition mean?

What does "stay dry" mean? | difference between "you are" and "you're"?
What does apposition mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:18 am   What does apposition mean?

ESL/EFL Test #44 "Speaking: At the Theatre", question 2

We have done this play many times in different towns but your ......... has been the greatest so far.

(a) appointment
(b) application
(c) apposition
(d) applause

ESL/EFL Test #44 "Speaking: At the Theatre", answer 2

We have done this play many times in different towns but your applause has been the greatest so far.

Correct answer: (d) applause
_________________________

I do not get this question and what is the meaning of apposition. Please tell me why it has to be so and so.
Thanks a lot

toto
tutzi

What does apposition mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 13:02 pm   What does apposition mean?

.
Using your dictionary, you can find the meanings of the 4 words, and you will also see that only 'applause' (the clapping of hands by the audience to show appreciation for the play) makes sense in this sentence.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
what is the verb for the noun gold?What does devastating mean?What is mean by Free-Float Market Capitalisation?What does struck mean?Control marketing efforts?What is the difference between 'in' and 'on'?What does to squawk about mean?What does the abbreviation OTC stand for?writing vs. rightCelebrities are usually surrounded by their bodyguards?grammar of vocabulary tests?What is a planogram goods in the retail domain?What does "flex" mean?