dangerous; risky; perilous
hazardous
favorite
different
ready

What does the abbreviation OTC stand for?

writing vs. right | What does to squawk about mean?
What does the abbreviation OTC stand for? #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 15:37 pm   What does the abbreviation OTC stand for?

ESL/EFL Test #384 "Derivatives Primer", question 1

The purpose of this primer is to clarify some of the key characteristics of the over-the-......... (OTC) derivatives markets.

(a) column
(b) counter
(c) country
(d) course

ESL/EFL Test #384 "Derivatives Primer", answer 1

The purpose of this primer is to clarify some of the key characteristics of the over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives markets.

Correct answer: (b) counter
_________________________

Could y please explain this OTC to me?
Thankyou

Eve Melin
Eve Melin

What does the abbreviation OTC stand for? #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:08 am   What does the abbreviation OTC stand for?

.
OTC is simply the acronym used by financiers for 'over-the-counter'.

"Over-the-Counter (OTC) derivatives are financial contracts whose value is based on the performance of and underlying asset such as a stock, bond or an index such as the Dow Jones Industrial. In contrast to exchange-traded derivatives such as futures contracts, OTC derivatives are customized contracts provided directly by dealers to end-users or other dealers."
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What are question tags?Use of past tense (sent vs. send)What dose the word "fuss" mean?what is the verb for the noun gold?What does devastating mean?What is mean by Free-Float Market Capitalisation?What does struck mean?Control marketing efforts?What is the difference between 'in' and 'on'?What does apposition mean?difference between "you are" and "you're"?What does "stay dry" mean?Celebrities are usually surrounded by their bodyguards?