to separate into sections; to partition
alternate
compartmentalize
function
skim

Control marketing efforts?

What is the difference between 'in' and 'on'? | What is mean by Free-Float Market Capitalisation?
Control marketing efforts? #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:48 am   Control marketing efforts?

ESL/EFL Test #204 "Tobacco Marketing", question 1

Health experts from throughout the world are meeting in the U.S. to ......... the tobacco industry's marketing efforts in developing countries, Reuters reported August 5th.

(a) address
(b) control
(c) impede
(d) lambast

ESL/EFL Test #204 "Tobacco Marketing", answer 1

Health experts from throughout the world are meeting in the U.S. to address the tobacco industry's marketing efforts in developing countries, Reuters reported August 5th.

Correct answer: (a) address
_________________________

Control marketing efforts?

Ulla
Ulla

Control marketing efforts? #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:12 am   Control marketing efforts?

.
'Control' is incorrect-- health experts cannot control marketing practices.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Twelve months in this year?meaning of "to take after"What are question tags?difference between noun and subjectUse of past tense (sent vs. send)What dose the word "fuss" mean?what is the verb for the noun gold?What does devastating mean?What does struck mean?What does to squawk about mean?What does the abbreviation OTC stand for?What does apposition mean?difference between "you are" and "you're"?