to stick to; to cling to; to be devoted to (an idea, group, organization etc.)
admit
employ
preface
adhere

difference between noun and subject

What are question tags? | meaning of "to take after"
difference between noun and subject #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 16, 2007 16:49 pm   difference between noun and subject

ESL/EFL Test #259 "Irregular Verbs Test (7)", question 1

Every year, Canadian geese ......... south for the winter so they must have a lot of endurance.

(a) fly
(b) flies
(c) flown

ESL/EFL Test #259 "Irregular Verbs Test (7)", answer 1

Every year, Canadian geese fly south for the winter so they must have a lot of endurance.

Correct answer: (a) fly
_________________________

Which is the different between noun and subject?

Lordy
Lordy

difference between noun and subject #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:33 am   difference between noun and subject

.
A noun is a word class, a part of speech (noun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, conjunction, interjection).
A subject is a word function in a sentence. (The boy (Subject) is bald.)

Subjects are usually if not always nouns (Chicago is my kind of town), noun phrases (The little fat boy in the corner is still hungry) or noun clauses (Whoever ate my sandwich is in big trouble!)
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What is a mastermind?What does this phrase mean: deemed next to impossible?Why the verb eat can have the meaning of the adjective irritable?What does anew mean?Twelve months in this year?Use of past tense (sent vs. send)What dose the word "fuss" mean?what is the verb for the noun gold?What does devastating mean?What is mean by Free-Float Market Capitalisation?What does struck mean?Control marketing efforts?What is the difference between 'in' and 'on'?