unexperienced person
novel
invention
frame
layman

What does anew mean?

Twelve months in this year? | Meaning of "'come over"
What does anew mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:00 am   What does anew mean?

English Idioms and Expressions, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #7 "All Agog", question 4

I must congratulate her on the way she has overcome all her problems and gone back to her old job to start anew.

(a) beginning
(b) once more
(c) firstly
(d) twice more

ESL/EFL Test #7 "All Agog", answer 4

I must congratulate her on the way she has overcome all her problems and gone back to her old job to start once more.

Correct answer: (b) once more
_________________________

i m aesha ,i really want to know what the meaning of anew?

aesha
aesha

What does anew mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:36 am   What does anew mean?

The word 'anew' is used to show that you are starting again to do something having previously stopped doing it. For example you may have started to read a complicated book and then decided it is too difficult to understand and you stop reading it.. Possibly some weeks later you want to continue reading the book and in that case you start anew.

Hope this helps

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
internal communications vs. external communicationsWhat they mean by "in fact"?"don't you" vs. "haven't you"What is a mastermind?What does this phrase mean: deemed next to impossible?Why the verb eat can have the meaning of the adjective irritable?meaning of "to take after"What are question tags?difference between noun and subjectUse of past tense (sent vs. send)What dose the word "fuss" mean?what is the verb for the noun gold?What does devastating mean?