principal pipe or duct in a system; chief part of something; strength or force; high sea
main
trust
introduction
vat

Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further'

Use "filthy" just in the meaning of "dirty" | Is this right vs. Is this correct?
Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further' #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:01 am   Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further'

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #68 "How to complain", question 3

You've refused to help me now for six months and so I shall now have to take the matter ..........

(a) on
(b) longer
(c) far
(d) further

ESL/EFL Test #68 "How to complain", answer 3

You've refused to help me now for six months and so I shall now have to take the matter further.

Correct answer: (d) further

_________________________

please explain the meaning of this sentence, thank you!

Hieu Vo
Hieu Vo

Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further' #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:13 am   Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further'

How about Present Perfect Continuous in the case.
Cause for six months is undoubtedly is the adverbial modifier of time & that means we just cannot use here Present Perfect.
Of course one may object that certain verbs such as to love, to like, to want, to wish, to know, to see, to understand & some others aren't used in Continuous forms. But that's what grammar says. But everyday life proves it be wrong. They ARE used.
_________________
I find your Lack of Faith disturbing!
The Force is out there!
Gheon

Location: Center of Universe, Jedi Academy

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further' #3 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:56 am   Meaning of 'I shall now have to take the matter further'

Hello Hieu Vo,
The speaker of this sentence has some sort of a problem (In this exercise he is not satisfied with a service he has received). He has tried to get help (from the company) for the past six months but does not feel that he has been treated fairly. When someone says he "shall have to take the matter further", he usually means one of two things:
1) He is going to speak about it to someone with more authority within the company.
2) He is going to involve a third party to (legally) intervene on his behalf. (for example, an attorney/solicitor/lawyer)
_________________

What does shell out mean?What does body and sould mean?mental or physcial well-being?clip vs. clipsAsking about this particular questionwhat does insecurity mean?I've got my mind set on youWhat does 'the devil's advocate' mean?Meaning of 'Put money towards'"to buy out" vs. "to buy up".left a lot to be desired?Why I need to use 'remember' instead of 'remind'?tell means raconte en francais