enduring; lasting; continuing; leftover; remaining
persistent
intensive
severe
residual

"don't you" vs. "haven't you"

Phrase: "Under the weather" | What they mean by "in fact"?
"don't you" vs. "haven't you" #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:33 am   "don't you" vs. "haven't you"

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", question 8

A. Oh yes, well you have to, don't you? Take me for example I've got ten children and so you have to keep your eyes on them, won't you?

(a) for
(b) keep
(c) won't you

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", answer 8

A. Oh yes, well you have to, don't you? Take me for example I've got ten children and so you have to keep your eyes on them, don't you?

Correct entry: don't you
The error was: (c) won't you
_________________________

It might be correct "haven't you"?

Elga
Elga

"don't you" vs. "haven't you" #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 23, 2007 13:59 pm   "don't you" vs. "haven't you"

Hi Elga

The interrogative and negative forms of "have to" in the present simple generally use do or does.

For example:

I have to work.
I don't have to work.
Do you have to work?
You have to work, don't you?
He doesn't have to work, does he?

---------------------
Hi Torsten

In my opinion, this test could use some additional punctuation. The very least would be a period/full stop after the word "example" in this test sentence.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
"bear with me" = tolerate?to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?as long as vs. whenSet expression 'sore throat'internal communications vs. external communicationswhat is the difference between travel and trip?Why remainder and not for the rest of the journey?What mean by eating out of sb'c hands?What is a mastermind?What does this phrase mean: deemed next to impossible?Why the verb eat can have the meaning of the adjective irritable?What does anew mean?Twelve months in this year?