income; return; gains; government income earned through taxation
anticipation
audience
section
revenue

What they mean by "in fact"?

"don't you" vs. "haven't you" | internal communications vs. external communications
What they mean by "in fact"? #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:04 am   What they mean by "in fact"?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #23 "The bank raid", question 6

Then Dave asked Sid to tell him how in fact he was proposing to steal a bank because that was Sid's first idea.

(a) in
(b) steal
(c) first

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #23 "The bank raid", answer 6

Then Dave asked Sid to tell him how in fact he was proposing to rob a bank because that was Sid's first idea.

Correct entry: rob
The error was: (b) steal
_________________________

what they mean by "in fact"?

Ellada
Ellada

What they mean by "in fact"? #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:53 am   What they mean by "in fact"?

This is a phrase meaning 'in truth', 'in reality'.

_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
"say in two minds" = hesitate?"bear with me" = tolerate?to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?as long as vs. whenSet expression 'sore throat'what is the difference between travel and trip?Why remainder and not for the rest of the journey?What mean by eating out of sb'c hands?What is a mastermind?What does this phrase mean: deemed next to impossible?Why the verb eat can have the meaning of the adjective irritable?What does anew mean?Twelve months in this year?