to suck up; take up; take in
expect
transfer
absorb
bank

to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?

"bear with me" = tolerate? | "say in two minds" = hesitate?
to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 25, 2007 20:59 pm   to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?

ESL/EFL Test #65 "What a Cracker", question 10

They spent a huge amount of time and money to deal with that small problem and it's like taking a sledgehammer to crack a ..........

(a) pea
(b) bean
(c) nut
(d) seed

ESL/EFL Test #65 "What a Cracker", answer 10

They spent a huge amount of time and money to deal with that small problem and it's like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Correct answer: (c) nut

They spent a huge amount of time and money to deal with that small problem and it's like taking a sledgehammer to crack a bean.
_________________________

Is it Much ado about nothing?
Ildiko.
Ildiko

to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing? #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:50 am   to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?

.
Sort of. It is overkill.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing? #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 13:58 pm   to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?

Thanks a lot.
Ildiko
Ildiko

roll vs walkWhat does requirement mean?What does acquit mean?What does this idiom mean: "I'll eat my hat."Is it figurative language? (draw a line)Phrase: described struggles sea creatures find themselves facingPhrasal verb: checked outas long as vs. whenSet expression 'sore throat'internal communications vs. external communicationswhat is the difference between travel and trip?What they mean by "in fact"?"don't you" vs. "haven't you"