Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to suck up; take up; take in
expect
transfer
absorb
bank
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
"bear with me" = tolerate? | "say in two minds" = hesitate?
listening exercises
to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 25, 2007 20:59 pm   to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #65 "What a Cracker", question 10

They spent a huge amount of time and money to deal with that small problem and it's like taking a sledgehammer to crack a ..........

(a) pea
(b) bean
(c) nut
(d) seed

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #65 "What a Cracker", answer 10

They spent a huge amount of time and money to deal with that small problem and it's like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Correct answer: (c) nut

Your answer was: incorrect
They spent a huge amount of time and money to deal with that small problem and it's like taking a sledgehammer to crack a bean.

Is it Much ado about nothing?
Thanks,
Ildiko.
Ildiko
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing? #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:50 am   to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?

Sort of. It is overkill.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing? #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 13:58 pm   to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?

Thanks a lot.
Ildiko
Ildiko
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

"bear with me" = tolerate? | "say in two minds" = hesitate?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
roll vs walkWhat does requirement mean?What does acquit mean?What does this idiom mean: "I'll eat my hat."Is it figurative language? (draw a line)Phrase: described struggles sea creatures find themselves facingPhrasal verb: checked outas long as vs. whenSet expression 'sore throat'internal communications vs. external communicationswhat is the difference between travel and trip?What they mean by "in fact"?"don't you" vs. "haven't you"