Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

variable which determines the form of a function
loom
invitation
parameter
automobile
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"say in two minds" = hesitate?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing? | Supplanted vs. suppressed
listening exercises
"say in two minds" = hesitate? #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 13:16 pm   "say in two minds" = hesitate?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #71 "Two For You", question 3

Quite honestly I really can't decide which one to choose -- I'm what you might say in two ..........

(a) minds
(b) thoughts
(c) ideas
(d) views

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #71 "Two For You", answer 3

Quite honestly I really can't decide which one to choose -- I'm what you might say in two minds.

Correct answer: (a) minds

Your answer was: correct

hi, does this mean to hesitate
?
ildiko
Ildiko
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

"say in two minds" = hesitate? #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 13:31 pm   "say in two minds" = hesitate?

The definition is actually provided in the test question. It means you are not able to decide

By the way, I know this idiom as "be of two minds". The first time I heard of this idiom being used with the preposition 'in' was in this test. :shock:

It may well be that "be in two minds" is mainly a British usage, and "be of two minds" is the American usage.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
"say in two minds" = hesitate? #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 14:00 pm   "say in two minds" = hesitate?

Thank You very much,
Ildiko.
Ildiko
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing? | Supplanted vs. suppressed
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
meaning of "pay back"roll vs walkWhat does requirement mean?What does acquit mean?What does this idiom mean: "I'll eat my hat."Is it figurative language? (draw a line)Phrase: described struggles sea creatures find themselves facingPhrasal verb: checked out"bear with me" = tolerate?as long as vs. whenSet expression 'sore throat'internal communications vs. external communicationswhat is the difference between travel and trip?