Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

forward; in advance
especially
ahead
apparently
rather
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Phrase: described struggles sea creatures find themselves facing

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Phrasal verb: checked out | Is it figurative language? (draw a line)
listening exercises
Phrase: described struggles sea creatures find themselves facing #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 27, 2007 16:49 pm   Phrase: described struggles sea creatures find themselves facing

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #172 "Reflexive and intensive pronouns", question 6

Rachel Carson's first book, Under the Sea-Wind, described struggles sea creatures find ......... facing.

(a) ourselves
(b) yourselves
(c) themselves
(d) itself

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #172 "Reflexive and intensive pronouns", answer 6

Rachel Carson's first book, Under the Sea-Wind, described struggles sea creatures find themselves facing.

Correct answer: (c) themselves

Your answer was: incorrect
Rachel Carson's first book, Under the Sea-Wind, described struggles sea creatures find yourselves facing.

Hi!
The third part of the sentence is difficult for me to understand.Could you please explain it in other words.Thanks.

Slawa
Slawa

Phrase: described struggles sea creatures find themselves facing #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:39 am   Phrase: described struggles sea creatures find themselves facing

'described struggles sea creatures find themselves facing' = told about the difficulties that sea animals experience.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Phrasal verb: checked out | Is it figurative language? (draw a line)
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
difference between confuse and confessedused to + infinitive?meaning of "pay back"roll vs walkWhat does requirement mean?What does acquit mean?What does this idiom mean: "I'll eat my hat.""say in two minds" = hesitate?"bear with me" = tolerate?to crack a nut: Is it Much ado about nothing?as long as vs. whenSet expression 'sore throat'what is the difference between travel and trip?