to watch; to study; to monitor; to supervise; to discern
headquarter
substantiate
reinforce
observe

Getting involved in a demonstration

Accidents will happen | Meaning of "Registered post"
Getting involved in a demonstration #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:36 am   Getting involved in a demonstration

Test No. incompl/inter-82 "Save Our Animals (2)", question 8

As far as her father was concerned this was ......... double trouble (two problems) - first working for Fortune and now wetting involved in a demonstration.

(a) simply
(b) quite
(c) entirely
(d) quietly

Test No. incompl/inter-82 "Save Our Animals (2)", answer 8

As far as her father was concerned this was simply double trouble (two problems) - first working for Fortune and now getting involved in a demonstration.

Correct answer: (a) simply
_________________________

a typo here? wetting
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

Getting involved in a demonstration #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:37 am   Getting involved in a demonstration

You are right, that was a typo, thanks for pointing it out. It must read getting involved in a demonstration.
Please, take a look at this test:
http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ii082/index.html

TOEFL listening lectures: How do botanists define a seed?

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Getting involved in a demonstration #3 (permalink) Thu May 12, 2005 9:58 am   Getting involved in a demonstration

Torsten wrote:
Please, take a look at this test:

Why is "entirely" not suitable?

Difference between simply and entirely #4 (permalink) Sat May 14, 2005 11:21 am   Difference between simply and entirely

In this sentence simply is needed because it means just/only/merely. Double-trouble is something negative, something you don't want. Double-trouble is nothing but just another problem.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A girl on an elevator

Endangered speciesVal, this is for you:Uniform productsMake a down paymentWhat are job redundancies? Is this an idiom?The cheapest wayDifference between looking for and searching forDifference between fall asleep and fall into sleepDifference between matter and businessI look forward to seeing youBite your tongueDifference between hold on and hold upDifference between operate, function and work