person who is native to or resides in a particular area
constraint
aptitude
local
engagement

Is overtook a past tense verb?

difference between confuse and confessed | what is operational control in buisnees?
Is overtook a past tense verb? #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 01, 2007 17:18 pm   Is overtook a past tense verb?

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Irregular Verbs Test (15)", question 8

In the long-distance race yesterday, the second runner ......... the leader at the last minute and won the competition.

(a) overtake
(b) overtook
(c) overtaken

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Irregular Verbs Test (15)", answer 8

In the long-distance race yesterday, the second runner overtook the leader at the last minute and won the competition.

Correct answer: (b) overtook
_________________________

Hi i want explanation for the 8 question because i am poor in English so let me know my answer is correct or not.

Ringo
Ringo

Overtook question #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:26 am   Overtook question

Yes, your answer is correct. You chose the past tense verb - overtook - and that was the right thing to do.
Take care.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Swearing in Chinese?What does uphold mean?How do I answer this question?I've tried to use a swear word here!What's the Basic British English for this sentence?What is an escrow?what does limp mean?used to + infinitive?something missing in testmeaning of "pay back"roll vs walkWhat does requirement mean?What does acquit mean?