Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person who is native to or resides in a particular area
constraint
aptitude
local
engagement
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Is overtook a past tense verb?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
difference between confuse and confessed | what is operational control in buisnees?
listening exercises
Is overtook a past tense verb? #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 01, 2007 17:18 pm   Is overtook a past tense verb?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Irregular Verbs Test (15)", question 8

In the long-distance race yesterday, the second runner ......... the leader at the last minute and won the competition.

(a) overtake
(b) overtook
(c) overtaken

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Irregular Verbs Test (15)", answer 8

In the long-distance race yesterday, the second runner overtook the leader at the last minute and won the competition.

Correct answer: (b) overtook

Hi i want explanation for the 8 question because i am poor in English so let me know my answer is correct or not.

Ringo
Ringo

Overtook question #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:26 am   Overtook question

Hello,
Yes, your answer is correct. You chose the past tense verb - overtook - and that was the right thing to do.
Take care.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
difference between confuse and confessed | what is operational control in buisnees?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Swearing in Chinese?What does uphold mean?How do I answer this question?I've tried to use a swear word here!What's the Basic British English for this sentence?What is an escrow?what does limp mean?used to + infinitive?something missing in testmeaning of "pay back"roll vs walkWhat does requirement mean?What does acquit mean?