Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

honest; straightforward; open; frank
ideal
tantamount
average
candid
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How do I answer this question?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does uphold mean? | I've tried to use a swear word here!
listening exercises
How do I answer this question? #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:01 am   How do I answer this question?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #23 "The bank raid", question 1

Dave and Sid had lost a lot of money and had given off all hope of making any money.

(a) had
(b) off
(c) any

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #23 "The bank raid", answer 1

Dave and Sid had lost a lot of money and had given up all hope of making any money.

Correct entry: up
The error was: (b) off

what is expected selecting option or writing entry?

Dumby
Dumby

How do I answer this question? #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:59 pm   How do I answer this question?

Both. In this type of test, you first have to find the error and then select it in the options. Then you are expected to type in a word that would be correct in the sentence.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does uphold mean? | I've tried to use a swear word here!
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
meaning of releasephrasal verb "carry up" = "pick up"?extinguish vs dampenWhat does smoothed away mean?My wife got really mad not madeSwearing in Chinese?What's the Basic British English for this sentence?What is an escrow?what does limp mean?what is operational control in buisnees?Is overtook a past tense verb?difference between confuse and confessedsomething missing in test