Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

hug; act of wrapping one's arms around another person or thing
format
pay
embrace
commission
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Gullible and naive

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between this, that, those, these | Phrase: It might rain tomorrow.
listening exercises
Gullible and naive #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2005 15:57 pm   Gullible and naive

Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4

......... every single thing which that man says?

(a) Do you believe
(b) Is you believing
(c) Are you believing

Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", answer 4

Do you believe every single thing which that man says?

Correct answer: (a) Do you believe

can you explian me this question?

kulwant
kulwant

Gullible and naive #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2005 16:07 pm   Gullible and naive

The speaker wants know if the other person gullible or naive or both.

TOEFL listening lectures: What is one way that Internet Addiction Disorder affects sleep?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Gullible and naive #3 (permalink) Thu May 17, 2007 16:04 pm   Gullible and naive

Hello!
Could you, please, explain to me why we use which after every single thing in this sentence?
Snoopy_Blah_Blah
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Preview Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4 #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:08 am   Preview Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4

Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4
(Gullible and naive)

4. ........ every single thing which that man says?

(a) Do you believe

(b) Is you believing

(c) Are you believing

Hello,

The correct answer to the question is (a), “Do you believe”. However, could you please tell me how to use “Are you believing”?
For example, does the following sentence make sense?

1. Are you believing every single thing which that man is saying?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a
I'm here quite often ;-)

Gullible and naive #5 (permalink) Sun Jul 26, 2009 23:35 pm   Gullible and naive

I though we must use hepl verb Do or Does for a verb...Is that right ?..I hope someone else could hepl us....to explain very clearly..Thanks so much.
Nganguyen

Gullible and naive #6 (permalink) Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 am   Gullible and naive

Snoopy_Blah_Blah wrote:
Hello!
Could you, please, explain to me why we use which after every single thing in this sentence?

Yeah, it doesn't sound right.
Iloveenglish

Preview Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4 #7 (permalink) Tue Aug 11, 2009 20:04 pm   Preview Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4

I answered right, but I quoted this question because I'm wondering if the present continuous might be used with the verb to believe. Are there any instances of its use or is it somehow forbidden? Thank you.
Ferdinand Bardamu

Preview Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4 #8 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:19 am   Preview Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4

Gullible and naive

Ferdinand Bardamu wrote:
I answered right, but I quoted this question because I'm wondering if the present continuous might be used with the verb to believe. Are there any instances of its use or is it somehow forbidden? Thank you.

Hello,

I have just discovered that “believe” is always in the stative form which is unlike “think” and “have”. Both “think” and “have” are either stative verbs or dynamic verbs depending on their meanings.

According to Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary Online (Oxford University Press | OALD home page), “believe” is not used in the progressive tenses:
http://www.oup.com/oald-bin/web_getald7index1a.pl.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a
I'm here quite often ;-)

Preview Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4 #9 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:49 am   Preview Test No. incompl/elem-10 "Present Tense", question 4

Thank you very much for your quick and exhaustive answer!
Ferdinand Bardamu

Gullible and naive #10 (permalink) Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:33 am   Gullible and naive

Quote:
I though we must use hepl verb Do or Does for a verb...Is that right ?..I hope someone else could hepl us....to explain very clearly..Thanks so much.

This is right? The correct answer is "Do you belive" because the simply fact of we NEED to use DO? Or is it because in the second sentece the verb is says and not saying?
Livia Mackie

Gullible and naive #11 (permalink) Mon Jun 21, 2010 16:07 pm   Gullible and naive

can you explain me how to use do and does
Manjualeti

Gullible and naive #12 (permalink) Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:25 am   Gullible and naive

hi im amisa i wanna improve my english
Assi777

Gullible and naive #13 (permalink) Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:31 am   Gullible and naive

Hello Assi, you can begin your improvement by correctly writing 'want to', not incorrectly writing 'wanna'.
Language Coach

Gullible and naive #14 (permalink) Wed Feb 02, 2011 22:12 pm   Gullible and naive

i got a question...
gullible and naive have the same meaning, right?
or are they different?
Yeleandraht
You can meet me at english-test.net

Difference between this, that, those, these | Phrase: It might rain tomorrow.
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
at a discountgrammara really good vibehe had taken the right decisionburn my brush piletwo years ago.doing the houseworkthe fiscal yearAre "rabid" and "ebullient" synonyms ?sticking my neck outfool's gold is the name of iron pyrites...one of his cock and bull stories...Meaning of "Do you take it?"