Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

a contract granting use or occupation of property during a specified time for a specified payment
average
lease
warranty
arrival
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

phrasal verb "carry up" = "pick up"?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
extinguish vs dampen | meaning of release
listening exercises
phrasal verb "carry up" = "pick up"? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:43 am   phrasal verb "carry up" = "pick up"?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Eating Idioms Test (1)", question 3

Jonathon asks for too much at work. He really wants to have his cake and wants to eat it too.

(a) eat cake at work
(b) throw parties at work
(c) have extra privileges at work without giving up anything in return

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Eating Idioms Test (1)", answer 3

Jonathon asks for too much at work. He really wants to have extra privileges at work without giving up anything in return.

Correct answer: (c) have extra privileges at work without giving up anything in return

and I would like to know the meaning of the phrase verb "carry up".
Does it have the same meaning with 'pick up'?

anne maria
anne maria

phrasal verb "carry up" = "pick up"? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 am   phrasal verb "carry up" = "pick up"?

'Carry up' has no particular idiomatic meaning offhand, to my mind. Could you give us a sentence in which it is used?

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
phrasal verb "carry up" = "pick up"? #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:03 am   phrasal verb "carry up" = "pick up"?

Eat cake and throw parties at work! :lol:

My, aren't these tests a whole lot of fun!
Conchita
Language Coach

extinguish vs dampen | meaning of release
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
make your purchases vs. make your buyingPhrase: he could be back with his ex-girlfriendWhy can I not use "very kindly" in this case?What is the difference between 'owe' and 'own'?What is the difference between 'esteem' and 'estimate'?what's the meaning of "water off"?Idiom "old hat"What does smoothed away mean?My wife got really mad not madeSwearing in Chinese?What does uphold mean?How do I answer this question?I've tried to use a swear word here!