cement; something tangible (idea, object, etc.)
concrete
recommendation
collection
sum

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

ESL Forum | Feedback, Comments and Suggestions
What a great site we have here. | Progress report does not progress
"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 12, 2007 14:16 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

Hi everyone,

What do you think of this story -- here is the place to post your comments and share your opinions regarding A Travel Adventure.
Slava
Programmer and Co-founder

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 15, 2007 14:02 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

.
It's a nice story, Slava.

I'm not sure what sort of commentary you're looking for, but one thing that definitely caught my eye was an over-abundance of semi-colons. If I were you, I'd change most of those sentences into two separate sentences. To me the semi-colons tend to distract rather than help the reader.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #3 (permalink) Mon Sep 17, 2007 13:27 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

Hi Amy,

Thanks a lot for your feedback and your comments regarding the semi-colons -- we'll talk about this to Sandra.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Break for a smoke

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #4 (permalink) Mon Jun 30, 2008 18:24 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

thanks for sharing!
Eslkorea

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #5 (permalink) Mon Jun 30, 2008 21:07 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

the story seemed too long and l got lost if i were you i'd have kept the story shorter in order to keep reader's attention.
Sipa2008

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #6 (permalink) Fri Jul 04, 2008 17:49 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

Hi Silvina,

Many thanks for your feedback. Could you please tell me which parts of the story you find too long? I mean, how exactly would you have shorten it?

TOEIC listening, photographs: In the workshop

About audio with Sandra! #7 (permalink) Sun Oct 19, 2008 22:04 pm   About audio with Sandra!

The test is large,but itīs not confused..the only thing is that the reader must take much attention at the end of the story.......I donīt know if a a travel across the E.E.U.U. is so complicatet on vacationes....Iīd like to hear the story.

Thanks a Lot....Carlos.
Carlos

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #8 (permalink) Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:33 am   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

I enjoyed reading the story because for me its usefull to improve my English , specially reading.

Zahra Sahak

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #9 (permalink) Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:47 am   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

Zahra Sahak wrote:

Hi Zahra, thanks a lot for your positive feedback. Please note the correct spelling of the words "useful" and "it's". You might want to start using a spell checker.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Just checking

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #10 (permalink) Tue Mar 10, 2009 14:38 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

I liked the story and the idea too...as it is useful in the situations we may face in real life conversations. I am looking forward to reading (or listening) many more such conversations.

A suggestion --

Can we have the audio for the conversations in this story?

That would really add value to it.
_________________
First lesson - English, not english. I, not i. ~A student of English
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #11 (permalink) Mon Jul 20, 2009 21:53 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

I'he enjoy by reading this funny story! I don't believe it is much similar to a true story but it is very nice! It is possible to have the audio of the conversation cause I think
that by its listening I can improve my pronunciation... thanks a lot.
Best regards dear Mr. Torsten.
Lillo

Location: Italy

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #12 (permalink) Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:15 am   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

If I were Sandra, I would never make that resorvation.I would go to the nearest beach and enjoy the suntan :)

~Phoebe
_________________
incomplete....
Kiprida

Location: Baku, Azerbaijan

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #13 (permalink) Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:21 am   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

Hello, everybody!

I really enjoyed the reading of this story. It was reallly funny to keep my eye on that how many obstacles these two women were ready to overcome just to leave for a trip. It would be very interesting to follow the development of this adventure story. What will be next :)))))

Best regards, Olja
Olja

Location: Russia

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #14 (permalink) Sun Jan 17, 2010 17:01 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

hello everybody'

i was really enjoyed reading this story
sheela
Sheela Rajapaksha

"A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments) #15 (permalink) Fri Feb 19, 2010 14:48 pm   "A Travel Adventure" - ESL Dialogs (reviews and comments)

I've been completed the first three episode and it is very interesting.Thank you very much for such stories.

Presenan
Presenan

ESL Forum | Feedback, Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Empty test pagetryHow to insert a video or a linkHow to send private messages?Please delete my accountI'm not "advanced" in learning EnglishMy headacheI don't find one of my lettershow can i know that i have a reply on my post instantly?I haven't received any new tests for last 14 daysWhy are profile photos so small?JavaSonicRecorderUploader requesting unrestricted access?The answers I selected as being correct are not always the answers in the summary