to follow; to result
ensue
scourge
sally
vituperate

TOEFLŪ essay: Leaders like John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made...

TOEFLŪ Essay: Advances in transportation and communication like the airplane... | TOEFLŪ essay: John F.Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made significant...
TOEFL essay: Leaders like John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made... #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 14, 2007 19:03 pm   TOEFL essay: Leaders like John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made...

Hi. Here is my another essay. I think it is not bad but it took 40 minutes to plan, write and revise. Could you please criticize it? Thanks.

Question:Leaders like John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made important contributions to the people of the United States. Name another world leader you think is important. Give specific reasons for your choice.

In my home country, people without pioneers are resembled to the horde of sheeps without shepherds. Sheeps lack of the talents which guide them in going through the most desirable and reasonable way in critical situations. The case is same for the people of a country. They need a mentor and guide in overcoming the ultimate and nationwide difficulties. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk played this crucial role for the establishment and wealth of my nation.

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk was the son of a middle class farmer family who have settled in Selanuki where is today a city in Greece. When he played that guide role for Turkey, he was a soldier in the army where he made his first important contribution to the victory of a glory war, The Independence War. In 1919 Turkey was the winner of the Independence War through the brilliant strategic and battle techniques developed by Mustafa Kemal. This war was a clean of the home land from the enemy occupation.

However Kemal's most important conribution was on the governance system of Turkey, formerly Ottoman Empire. Kemal abolished the system of "Saltanat" in which the throne and authority inherits from father to son and Kemal transformed the governance system into secular democracy from religion based rule.

Furthermore, Kemal made revolutions in all aspects to catch up with the modern western countries of that years. For instance, he brought the Latin letters instead of Arabic letters in order to confrom with the Science and Art of modern world. He changed the clothing style of puplic. For example, he replaced modern hats instead of old fashion one "fes".

In conclusion, countries and people need guides in order to lead them in avoiding the disastrous circumstances and exitting from dark and narrow tunnels. Ataturk was that pioneer for Turkey.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a history class
Vuralorion

TOEFL essay: Leaders like John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made... #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 02, 2007 14:40 pm   TOEFL essay: Leaders like John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made...

Some mistakes that I think needs to be corrected

This war was a clean of the home land from the enemy occupation.

you can write the same sentence as
This war was for the cleaning of homeland from the enemy.
CSharp

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFLŪ essay: Improvement in health, education and trade are essential for the...ToeflŪ essay: Parents are the best teachersTOEFLŪ essay: Television has destroyed relation between family and friendsTOEFLŪ essay: People work because they need money to liveTOEFLŪ essay: Face-to-face communication is better then other types of...Will 108 TOEFLŪ score get me into a good college?TOEFLŪ essay: sometimes an event that seems to be going badly turns...TOEFLŪ essay: College years are the best time in a person’s life. Dou you agree...TOEFLŪ Essay: Your school has enough money to purchase either computers for...ToeflŪ essay : Why do you think people attend college or universityHelp about TOEFLŪ speaking sectionTOEFLŪ essay: Some people are very orgainised, while others are not so orgainisedTOEFLŪ essay samples: In some orgainizations, promotions are based on seniority...