to grant a person or persons legal custodianship over property not belonging to them
deploy
attire
carry
trustee

What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

meaning of aftertaste | My friend is broke
What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2007 21:13 pm   What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

ESL/EFL Test #158 "Airport and flight travel expressions", question 6

Children below age 12 will not be accepted for ......... unless they are accompanied by a person of at least 18 years of age.

(a) journey
(b) voyage
(c) carriage
(d) trip

ESL/EFL Test #158 "Airport and flight travel expressions", answer 6

Children below age 12 will not be accepted for carriage unless they are accompanied by a person of at least 18 years of age.

Correct answer: (c) carriage

Children below age 12 will not be accepted for voyage unless they are accompanied by a person of at least 18 years of age.
_________________________

Why isn't "voyage" right?

Thank you for your Help
Max
max

What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:08 am   What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

.
Only 'carriage' works without an article (a, the).
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 07, 2011 14:10 pm   What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

1. carriage=transit, transport of children?
2. the difference between : journey, voyage and trip? please tell me.

What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 07, 2011 14:31 pm   What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

1. carriage = transport of persons
2. the difference between : journey, voyage and trip?-- These are not clear-cut, but journeys and voyages are generally longer than trips, and voyages are usually by sea.
_________________

get away Scot-freeWhy it's not" breath out "?Would you like me to transfer you?What does this mean: Come home full circle?What does at the very least mean?typo: surgeoninterest vs. interestingly"break away" vs "break out"correlative of comparison: as ... asrelation between words called when the meaning of part of the word is alike?What does break down mean?Why it is used "was going to"?done my lesson vs. done my homework