Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to grant a person or persons legal custodianship over property not belonging to them
deploy
attire
carry
trustee
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
meaning of aftertaste | My friend is broke
listening exercises
What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2007 21:13 pm   What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #158 "Airport and flight travel expressions", question 6

Children below age 12 will not be accepted for ......... unless they are accompanied by a person of at least 18 years of age.

(a) journey
(b) voyage
(c) carriage
(d) trip

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #158 "Airport and flight travel expressions", answer 6

Children below age 12 will not be accepted for carriage unless they are accompanied by a person of at least 18 years of age.

Correct answer: (c) carriage

Your answer was: incorrect
Children below age 12 will not be accepted for voyage unless they are accompanied by a person of at least 18 years of age.

Why isn't "voyage" right?

Thank you for your Help
Max
max

What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:08 am   What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

Only 'carriage' works without an article (a, the).

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 07, 2011 14:10 pm   What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

1. carriage=transit, transport of children?
2. the difference between : journey, voyage and trip? please tell me.
thanks
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 07, 2011 14:31 pm   What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'?

1. carriage = transport of persons
2. the difference between : journey, voyage and trip?-- These are not clear-cut, but journeys and voyages are generally longer than trips, and voyages are usually by sea.

meaning of aftertaste | My friend is broke
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
get away Scot-freeWhy it's not" breath out "?Would you like me to transfer you?What does this mean: Come home full circle?What does at the very least mean?typo: surgeoninterest vs. interestingly"break away" vs "break out"correlative of comparison: as ... asrelation between words called when the meaning of part of the word is alike?What does break down mean?Why it is used "was going to"?done my lesson vs. done my homework