hygienic; clean; healthy
record
trade
sanitary
somber

What idioms are prepositional phrases?

You left the lights on -- what does it mean? | What does 'at issue' mean? Is it an idiom?
What idioms are prepositional phrases? #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 16, 2007 21:29 pm   What idioms are prepositional phrases?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #1 "English Animal Idioms", question 10

I would advise you to do that as well and in that way you'll kill two birds with one stone.

(a) get things done twice
(b) get something done two times
(c) get two things done at the same time
(d) get two things done twice

ESL/EFL Test #1 "English Animal Idioms", answer 10

I would advise you to do that as well and in that way you'll get two things done at the same time.

Correct answer: (c) get two things done at the same time
_________________________

what idioms are prepition phrases?

Jjau
Jjau

What idioms are prepositional phrases? #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:09 am   What idioms are prepositional phrases?

.
Many, many idioms are prepositional phrases... and vice versa.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
stung vs stingingdifferrence between honest and honouredrejected vs. objectedIs holiday uncountable?What are common characteristics associated with successful entrepreneurs?What is the difference between a burglar and an intruder?'lend us some money' vs 'lend some money to us'what does the expression "l'll turn in" mean?Idiom: "to eat the words"why jeopardy and not risk?"around 50" -- what does it mean?Is it better to turn off tower when not in use for the computer.meaning of "run through"