to set up a center of operations; to be set up in a center of operations
calculate
prospect
headquarter
simulate

rejected vs. objected

What is the difference between a burglar and an intruder? | differrence between honest and honoured
rejected vs. objected #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 19, 2007 17:22 pm   rejected vs. objected

ESL/EFL Test #82 "Save Our Animals (2)", question 1

What her mother and father ......... to most was the endless tittle tattle (gossip) in the village about a young woman working for this hot shot (well known entrepreneur),

(a) subjected
(b) dejected
(c) rejected
(d) objected

ESL/EFL Test #82 "Save Our Animals (2)", answer 1

What her mother and father objected to most was the endless tittle tattle (gossip) in the village about a young woman working for this hot shot (well known entrepreneur),

Correct answer: (d) objected

What her mother and father rejected to most was the endless tittle tattle (gossip) in the village about a young woman working for this hot shot (well known entrepreneur),
_________________________

HI!
please tell me why " rejected" is'nt fit here?
lam Tung
lam Tung

rejected vs. objected #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 19, 2007 17:59 pm   rejected vs. objected

Only without 'to' rejected can be accepted in the test.
Pamela

Location: RF

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of 'put two and two together'How the answer is not trod on question number one?Expressions "like a paper-weight"When to use "back" and "ago"active voice vs. passive voicewhat does "speak his mind" mean?what do I have to present in this presentation?stung vs stingingIs holiday uncountable?What are common characteristics associated with successful entrepreneurs?'lend us some money' vs 'lend some money to us'what does the expression "l'll turn in" mean?Idiom: "to eat the words"