to buy; to acquire in exchange for money; to procure; to obtain
fluctuate
diet
purchase
deny

Difference between finished and ended

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Difference between finish and end | Why use "all of the flowers" instead of "all the flowers"?
Difference between finished and ended #16 (permalink) Tue Aug 31, 2010 15:59 pm   Difference between finished and ended

I d not understand yet . using of ( Ended - Finished - ) . Do they have specific using during the sentence ? We need more clear examples .
Shin

Location: Saudi Arabia

Difference between finished and ended #17 (permalink) Tue Sep 21, 2010 16:28 pm   Difference between finished and ended

Hello, when i answer the question, my options was b, but when i checked the correct answer, the answer say other alternative.

just, i write to mention this event.
Ingridbeltr

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between finished and ended #18 (permalink) Tue Sep 21, 2010 16:55 pm   Difference between finished and ended

Hello Ingrid,

You don't say which question you answered, so it's difficult to explain where you went wrong.
_________________

Difference between finished and ended #19 (permalink) Tue Sep 21, 2010 19:22 pm   Difference between finished and ended

I understand , thank very much.
Marlen

Difference between finished and ended #20 (permalink) Sun Nov 21, 2010 14:51 pm   Difference between finished and ended

Hi !
What do the diffirence between two words "end" and "finish" ?
Maryhoangho

Difference between finished and ended #21 (permalink) Sun Jun 19, 2011 23:44 pm   Difference between finished and ended

This site is really helpfull for me ,it tells me the difference b/w finish n ended thank you
Ssswathi

Difference between finished and ended #22 (permalink) Wed Oct 05, 2011 18:42 pm   Difference between finished and ended

After more years I redid this test.Not one but several times.I made lot of mistakes.
First was: 4. end up
If I have known English it wouldn't have been difficult because finish up(phr.v.) with continuation "in" doesn't exist.

end up sth (phr.v)
-to have sth as an ending
The word I'm thinking of ends up in "-ous".

-to have sth as a result
Their struggle ended up in failure.
The debate ended up in uproar
Sadly their marriage of 25 years ended up in divorce.

We have to know the phrasal verbs.
_________________

Difference between finished and ended #23 (permalink) Wed Nov 23, 2011 18:11 pm   Difference between finished and ended

Hi dear Alan.Please post the link of you article regarding begin and start.

with kindest regards.
Jomiev1

Location: Tajikistan

Difference between finished and ended #24 (permalink) Thu May 31, 2012 14:43 pm   Difference between finished and ended

hello Alan,
I got 7 out of 10 questions, and i looked some explanations. I' m quite clear now, and I will try again. Your site is very useful, so thank you
Thansin

Difference between finished and ended #25 (permalink) Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:44 am   Difference between finished and ended

Sadly their marriage of 25
years ......... in divorce.

Can "ended up" be used here?
_________________
A Word A Day:
http://www.twitter.com/Urdu2Eng
Untaught1988

Location: Pakistan

Difference between finished and ended #26 (permalink) Thu Aug 23, 2012 17:16 pm   Difference between finished and ended

That wouldn't be natural.
_________________

Difference between finished and ended #27 (permalink) Fri Aug 24, 2012 13:36 pm   Difference between finished and ended

Finish means to complete while end just means to stop. It is always possible to end something without finishing it.

Examples: The golfers did not finish the match because the thunderstorm forced an early ending.

The pie eating contest ended before he was finished with his first pie.

complete sth= to finish making or doing sth
The project should be completed within a year.
complete sth = to make sth whole or perfect
- I only need one more card to complete the set.

synonyms of complete =to accomplish /achieve /close /complete /do / finish

-Wait a minute I complete this sentence.
-This travel completed her happiness.
-Please, complete this blank.
_________________

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Meaning of 'most out of'?The meaning of 'roll class'?Word order in indirect questionsUn-hot vs. coldGet used to vs. get held toMeaning of grantingMeaning of "I'm doing fine"What does blow mean?Want to find out who drove the red carDifference between turn and turningAt the end of the roadDifference between finished and endedBeginning of the end?