Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

fastening mechanism which is opened with a key or other device
fundamental
rush
courier
lock
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Present Perfect (Unit 16)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

ESL Forum | English for Beginners
Clauses | I'm a fourth year student
listening exercises
Present Perfect (Unit 16) #181 (permalink) Sun Apr 28, 2013 20:45 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

Neither is correct. Why have you written '10'?

I haven't seen you in an age.
I haven't seen you for ages.
Language Coach

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #182 (permalink) Sun Apr 28, 2013 21:01 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

Oh my God. I made a few mistakes in my last message.

I haven't seen you in 10 years. (It was said in the last American Dad episode.)

I would prefer say: I haven't seen you for 10 years.
Csaabaa
I'm here quite often ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Present Perfect (Unit 16) #183 (permalink) Sun Apr 28, 2013 21:50 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

in 10 years - within a 10-year period
Language Coach

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #184 (permalink) Sun Jun 16, 2013 15:25 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

Hi everybody!
I understood correctly?
I was in Italy last years .
I have been in Italy (already).
Manushak
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #185 (permalink) Sun Jun 16, 2013 15:41 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

I was in Italy last year.
I have already been to Italy.

TOEIC listening, question-response: How much does the package weigh?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #186 (permalink) Tue Jun 25, 2013 14:31 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

Sorry,
I found one mistake in my post
Did I understand correctly?
Manushak
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #187 (permalink) Fri Jul 19, 2013 20:10 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

practice makes man expert. don't worry
M.Ramzan
You can meet me at english-test.net

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #188 (permalink) Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:59 am   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

M.Ramzan wrote:
practice makes man expert.
Where did you find this phrase? Did you create it yourself?

TOEIC listening, question-response: What's the matter with the photocopier?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #189 (permalink) Sat Jul 20, 2013 18:41 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

i don't believe on the actual phrase. ''practice makes perfect.'' there is nothing perfect in this world how practice makes it perfect,therefore i said practice makes man expert not perfect.''
M.Ramzan

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #190 (permalink) Sat Jul 20, 2013 19:01 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

We are here to learn English. If everyone invents their own phrases that actually don't sound English at all we probably will have difficulty understanding each other. Wouldn't you agree? What's more, if you use your own language that is based on English words with native speakers you just sound funny. Do you want to come across like this?

TOEIC listening, question-response: What's your phone number, please?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #191 (permalink) Sat Jul 20, 2013 19:17 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

some quotations ,sayings proverbs,idioms or phrases cannot come across the test of time, suppose if i say the world is flat, Do you believe , i guess not at all.the same case is with this phrase. to be honest, do you think practice makes perfect.'' if so how !!!
M.Ramzan

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #192 (permalink) Sat Jul 20, 2013 19:19 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

It seems you are not getting my point. Let me try to explain again. On this forum we want to learn English as it is used by native speakers. What you do is invent your own phrases that clearly are not used by native speakers. For example, 'come across the test of time' is not an English phrase. It was invented by you. No native English speaker in their right mind will ever user it. Also, the personal pronoun I is always capitalized. That's a very basic and simple rule. Why don't you follow it? Is it because you don't know it or because you want to be cool and clever? I hope this makes sense now.

TOEIC listening, question-response: Would you care for an appetizer?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #193 (permalink) Sat Jul 20, 2013 20:02 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

I'm not leading you up the garden. Neither i'm cool nor clever.'' what i said that is fact not my opinion. undoubtedly we are here to learn the native speakers, i personally think language is not perfect itself,but there is always room for improvement. what you have said i do agree with you in some extent. practice makes perfect need to be rerevised .''
If my words hurt you i do sorry for that.
M.Ramzan

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #194 (permalink) Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:01 am   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

This is not about hurting me. It's about following basic rules. For example, if you don't capitalize the pronoun I, you show that you either don't understand or simply can't follow certain rules.

TOEIC listening, question-response: Why is Martha leaving work early?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Present Perfect (Unit 16) #195 (permalink) Mon Jul 22, 2013 17:30 pm   Present Perfect (Unit 16)

blush, i can understand and speak as well. so for the problem of capitalizing the pronoun, i've problem with my keyboard caplock. :)
M.Ramzan

Clauses | I'm a fourth year student
ESL Forum | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14
Latest topics on English Forums
Does the 3 years of physical presence have to be continuous or accumulation?Superlative form of Adjective and personality.offintroduce myrselfinstantly with the insinuatingpersonally from discussingGreetingsAdjective of quantity before words representing mental state.Is this possible ?What is the correct and why to say?answer the questionsPls give Feedback on "Tell about yourself" questionsI am Mahboobeh, I am working as quality expert at a computer company...