having four equal sides enclosing four equal angles
permanent
stationary
cohesive
square

meaning of 'put two and two together'

How the answer is not trod on question number one? | Phrase: Tom was arrested on Friday...
meaning of 'put two and two together' #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:02 am   meaning of 'put two and two together'

ESL/EFL Test #217 "American English Idioms", question 9

Ronsoon realized by putting two and two together that the salesman was trying totrick him into buying the used car. What is the meaning of 'put two and two together?' .........

(a) to renounce an idea
(b) to figure out what is going on
(c) to detain two people
(d) to do some arithmetic

ESL/EFL Test #217 "American English Idioms", answer 9

Ronsoon realized by putting two and two together that the salesman was trying totrick him into buying the used car. What is the meaning of 'put two and two together?' to figure out what is going on

Correct answer: (b) to figure out what is going on
_________________________

I want to know my test result. Hoping your response, and I want to see the explanation of ''
put two and two together.

Thank you
Kiriyll
Kiriyll

meaning of 'put two and two together' #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:27 am   meaning of 'put two and two together'

.
'put two and two together' = to figure out what is going on.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
bill vs functionwhat is life annuity insurance?How do I know if themselves is a reflexive or intensive?remind somebody of smth instead of "remind sb to do somethin"What does it mean "low-end products"?What is "market mechanism"?People derive more benefit from the water they use than they do from all...difference between business and jobapply vs adhereExpressions "like a paper-weight"When to use "back" and "ago"active voice vs. passive voicewhat does "speak his mind" mean?