worn-out; fatigued; tired
dank
jaded
perfidious
cognate

GMATŪ reading comprehension

GMAT Practice tests Increase your GMAT test score with
plus 1.400 GMAT word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMATŪ Test and MBA Community
GMATŪŪ issue: The most effective way for managers to assign work is to divide comp | GMATŪ verbal
Reading section #1 (permalink) Sun Jan 16, 2005 18:35 pm   Reading section

Hi Torsten,

I'm taking GMAT in a few days. I'm quite confident with other parts while I find Reading comprehention questions really tough as I easily get my mind out of the passage.
Could you give some advices or valuable tips?
By the way, what is the average GMAT score that business schools in the U.S. require for admissions of MBA?

Thank you for your help!
springquynh

GMAT scores for MBA #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 16, 2005 19:24 pm   GMAT scores for MBA

Hi springquynh,

You can do several things to improve your reading comprehension: First, you should select a topic you have a keen interest in because it's very likely that you already know a lot about this subject. Next, you have to compile a list of resources related to your favourite topic. Try to get as many newspaper articles, essays, research reports and other texts as possible. Develop the habit of reading for 15 to 30 minutes at least once per day, maybe even several times every day. Make sure you focus your attention on the information contained in the texts you are reading rather than the grammatical structures. Use authentic resources and mix them with GMAT prep materials. It's vital that you read texts in English not because you want to prepare for the GMAT but because you want to gain new knowledge.
Let me know what you think - we are always here to share our ideas and experiences with you.
As for the GMAT scores required by US universities the median score is about 680 but that doesn't mean very much because you will also have to write two essays on the GMAT which will be scored on a scale of 1 to 6. The points you earn on your GMAT essays will not be added to your other GMAT score.
Also, if you want to apply for an MBA program, you have to compose an admissions essay and this will be a very important factor for your success.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and a professor in the professor's office

GMAT Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 280 free GMAT Vocabulary TestsGMAT Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GMAT scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGMAT Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GMAT vocabulary words you need to pass the GMAT with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Problem solving #3 (permalink) Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:35 am   Problem solving

I don't understand the wording of this problem although it seems easy.

Please help!

Thank you!
springquynh

Problem solving #4 (permalink) Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:37 am   Problem solving

The lead in a mechanical pencil is 5 inches long. After pieces 2/9 of an inch long, 2/3 inches long, and 1+1/12 inches long are broken off, how long is the lead left in the pencil?
springquynh

Subtraction #5 (permalink) Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:12 am   Subtraction

Your task is to determine the length of the lead in the pencil after you break off 2/9 of an inch, 2/3 inches, and 1+1/12 of the lead, that means you have to subtract 2/9 of an inch from 5 inches, then subtract 2/3 inches from 5 inches and then 1+1/12 inches from 5 inches.
Please, let us know if that answers your question.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the registrar's office?

GMAT reading comprehension #6 (permalink) Mon Jul 20, 2009 19:04 pm   GMAT reading comprehension

When i am reading this conversation i got a question.
What does half and a pound mean? is it similar to half pound.
Baluindia

GMAT reading comprehension #7 (permalink) Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:15 am   GMAT reading comprehension

hi,

I think, it's a unit of work equal to a force of one pound moving through a distance of one foot. why are this question you ask. thanks.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Earn an Extra $1000 to $1200 per month doing Part Time Data Entry Jobs! Work from home data entry jobs to post simple data submissions on Internet. Make $1 per entry. Easy form filling, data entry and ad posting jobs. No selling, No phone calls, No Marketing. No Investment. Bi-weekly payments. Full Training Provided. please visit: Data-Entry
Samcrime786

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GMATŪ Test and MBA Community All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GMAT Test Forums
Ask Stacy Blackman ConsultingReview a GMATŪ Test Prep Book for Kaplan Publishing!Preparing for the GMATŪ exam?GMATŪ Reading Comprehension:Timing Is Very ImportantI heard SOP is a "make or break factor" in the interview. Is it true?GMATŪ arguement essay: Stronger laws are needed to protect new kinds of home...Use of based on as modifierHow I scored a 760 on the GMATŪFree GMATŪ Resources on FacebookFree GMATŪ Practice tests onlineHow personality is linked to motivation?I need help for preparation in MBA...GMATŪ resourse