Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

possible; capable of becoming; able to be
plane
introductory
potential
fussy
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

vocabularies vs salaries

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
land vs leave | Meaning of pets
listening exercises
vocabularies vs salaries #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:46 am   vocabularies vs salaries

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Interpersonal Skills", question 7

Modern teamwork often brings together individuals from diverse groups who may not share common norms, values, or ......... but who do offer unique expertise, insights, and perspectives.

(a) accommidations
(b) cubicles
(c) salaries
(d) vocabularies

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Interpersonal Skills", answer 7

Modern teamwork often brings together individuals from diverse groups who may not share common norms, values, or vocabularies but who do offer unique expertise, insights, and perspectives.

Correct answer: (d) vocabularies

Salaries???

Nikita
Nikita

vocabularies vs salaries #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:55 am   vocabularies vs salaries

Nope-- vocabularies (no doubt their salaries are different, but that is of no relevance to the topic-- you are to choose the best word for the blank). But thanks for bringing to my attention the misspelling of 'accommodations'. I will fix that now.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
vocabularies vs salaries #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:47 am   vocabularies vs salaries

Here: vocabulary can mean the different technical term(s) which we need for example in a bank etc.

vocabularies vs salaries #4 (permalink) Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:15 pm   vocabularies vs salaries

Modern teamwork often brings together individuals from diverse groups who may not share common norms, values, or vocabularies but who do offer unique expertise, insights, and perspectives.

MM:vocabularies (no doubt their salaries are different, but that is of no relevance to the topic-- you are to choose the best word for the blank). But thanks for bringing to my attention the misspelling of 'accommodations'. I will fix that now.

Me:vocabulary can mean the different technical term(s) which we need for example in a bank etc.

vocabularies vs salaries #5 (permalink) Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:25 pm   vocabularies vs salaries

E-mail, voice mail, audio conferencing and videoconferencing, and the myriad other technologies that enable individuals to communicate with each other not only increase the ways in which individuals can interact but also require a heightened sensitivity to the nuances of interpersonal interactions.

MM. Nuance' is not a specifically business term, and it carries the definition given in mosxt dictionaries.

Me:collocation: require a heightened sensitivity to the nuances of interpersonal interactions. = It requires subtle nuances of interpersonal interaction.
here: nuance = very slight difference of sb's feeling

vocabularies vs salaries #6 (permalink) Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:36 pm   vocabularies vs salaries

E-mail, voice mail, audio conferencing and videoconferencing, and the myriad other technologies that enable individuals to communicate with each other not only increase the ways in which individuals can interact but also require a heightened sensitivity to the nuances of interpersonal interactions.

vocabularies vs salaries #7 (permalink) Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:44 pm   vocabularies vs salaries

This idea is particularly true in the worlds of virtual learning and virtual communication, where one cannot yet use hand gestures, facial expressions, or body language to fully express ideas.

vocabularies vs salaries #8 (permalink) Wed Apr 24, 2013 22:49 pm   vocabularies vs salaries

The challenge is to perfect interpersonal skills not only in face-to-face interactions but in virtual interactions as well.

land vs leave | Meaning of pets
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
f you choose a bold color for your walls, you should choose some, soft, neutral..Not Mark, though -- he truly loves peopleHe's really trustworthyThe challenge is to perfect interpersonal skillsTest incompl/advan-589, Question 6Test incompl/advan-589, User's Answer 6to this daycritical acclaimCurt is so egotistical. He always brags about how smart he is and about how...What does collocation mean?What does nuances mean?'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel'Meaning of 'one track mind'