to hold at bay; to gain advantage on the market; to approach; to catch; to trap
conceal
corner
consider
intend

The Redesigned TOEIC® Test

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEIC® Test
TOEIC® question: Start vs. begin | TOEIC® prep class in Munich?
The Redesigned TOEIC Test #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:39 am   The Redesigned TOEIC Test

Well people, the TOEIC will change before the end of this year. There are several changes to the format which can all be seen on the ETS website.

The "find the incorrect word" questions will now become a thing of the past, something I feel personally is a mistake. However, so it is, but remember, this type of training is very useful and you should still do as it can improve your English in other areas.

Reading will become more important in the test as there will now be a double passage section that requires you to read two documents before answering questions. Additionally, there is now a part that requires you to complete a text compilation by answering two or three questions.

One important change that is worth thinking about and definitely worth practicing is the answering questions part. In the redesigned TOEIC you will now be required to answer three questions while two people are talking. There will be no pause and no time to give your answers. This part of the test will require practice if you are not to be disadvantaged by the new format.

If you would like to experience the new question formats, visit us at www.worldtoeic.com

If you have any questions about the new format, post them here and I will try to answer them.

Rob
www.hamburgenglish.de
TOEIC administrator.
HamburgEnglish

The Redesigned TOEIC Test #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 23, 2007 14:30 pm   The Redesigned TOEIC Test

HamburgEnglish wrote:

Hi Rob!

I'm preparing my TOEIC test but I'm doing old ones. Could you explain a bit more the "double passage section"?

And in listenning section, are you sure there is no pause between conversations to answer the questions? I have not red anything about this in the "Examinne handbook".

Thank you very much!

Mario.
PauPower

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
The Redesigned TOEIC Test #3 (permalink) Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:50 am   The Redesigned TOEIC Test

Hi Mario

Sorry for the delay.

We have had not telephone or internet until today, because we were in the middle of moving into larger offices.

The double passage section has two documents (texts) for you to read and understand. The questions asked then require you to either search for the answers in both documents, or are based upon some combined information from each.

In the new listening section, you will hear a conversation and then you will be asked three questions. The time you have to answer the questions is very short. You should really practice this.

For all people doing the TOEIC test and I suppose any test, it is very important not to be disadvantaged by the questions and their delivery. With our website at onlineenglish.de/toeicprep or worldtoeic.com, we give you the questions in the same format as the real test. Just getting accustomed to the questions can improve your score without any need to learn more. (I have found by at least 15%)

So often we hear students say "if we had understood the format of the questions, we could have done better" and to be honest, after watching people doing the test, I can understand this comment. I see so many getting confused and making mistakes just because they did not understand the question format or needed time to get accustomed to the questions – e.g. Nothing to do with English !!

Rob
HamburgEnglish

The Redesigned TOEIC Test #4 (permalink) Fri Jun 25, 2010 13:21 pm   The Redesigned TOEIC Test

Hi every one! I am a teacher from India.
Ravindernath1965

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the TOEIC® Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
TOEIC® listening part I, set 57, exercise 5How can I get the second TOEIC® simulator test?The guest list for the event ... I took care of that this morning and also sentlist of TOEIC® prep testsWhat does might mean?A big problem: I would like to get like and 895 or 900 or more...TOEIC® Listening exercise questionTheir or his/herTOEIC® information“shoot me an e-mail”How are the underlined phrases are grammatical by themselves?'to stance'FCE by Cambridge