general expenses; manufacturing and business expenses
cash
border
overhead
layman

'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel'

What does nuances mean? | What does collocation mean?
'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel' #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:19 am   'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel'

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Interpersonal Skills", question 2

Interpersonal skills include the ability to ......... and manage the emotions, motivations, and behaviors of oneself and others during social interactions or in a social-interactive context.

(a) feel
(b) read
(c) suss
(d) view

ESL/EFL Test #234 "Interpersonal Skills", answer 2

Interpersonal skills include the ability to read and manage the emotions, motivations, and behaviors of oneself and others during social interactions or in a social-interactive context.

Correct answer: (b) read
_________________________

feel??

Lermann
Lermann

'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel' #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:00 am   'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel'

'Read' in this context is used to mean: understand, interpret.

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel' #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:47 am   'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel'

Collocation: the ability to read and manage the emotions
Is this collocation correlate to the idiom: reed sb like a book = to understand easily what sb. is thinking and feeling ?
_________________

'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel' #4 (permalink) Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:02 am   'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel'

Yes.

_________________

'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel' #5 (permalink) Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:48 am   'ability to read' vs 'ability to feel'

Many Thanks Alan.
_________________

Test incompl/advan-589, Question 6Test incompl/advan-589, User's Answer 6meannig of offset declineat/on or in?the forces that shapeYou don't have to suffer from interpersonal anxiety!What are persuasive strategies?land vs leavevocabularies vs salariesdifference between "close by" and "near by"Faintest ideaWhat's wrong with apiece?Difference between occupied and engaged