proof; something which proves or disproves
timeliness
package
evidence
pressure

Phrase "he was shrinking when"

confident vs available | what is seem?
Phrase "he was shrinking when" #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:45 am   Phrase "he was shrinking when"

ESL/EFL Test #263 "Irregular Verbs Test (11)", question 3

The little puppy looked like he was ......... when his owner scolded him for chewing the red slippers.

(a) shrink
(b) shrinks
(c) shrinking

ESL/EFL Test #263 "Irregular Verbs Test (11)", answer 3

The little puppy looked like he was shrinking when his owner scolded him for chewing the red slippers.

Correct answer: (c) shrinking
_________________________

what the answer?

Anthonia
Anthonia

Phrase "he was shrinking when" #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:01 am   Phrase "he was shrinking when"

You can say both:
The little puppy looked like he was shrinking
The little puppy looked like he was a shrink

But there is no indefinite article before "shrink", and therefore the only answer is "shrinking" :)

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
confident vs available | what is seem?
meaning of heavenWhen we can use 'Drop in and drop in on"?meaning of "dropping in on portions"Thought that 'airs and graces' had something to do with coquettish behavour?offering vs dispensingWhat are compound nouns?What does pour mean?It being 3rd person singular number the line should be like...How do you dare writing such silly statements?!meaning of "surgery room"bill vs functionwhat is life annuity insurance?How do I know if themselves is a reflexive or intensive?