to arrange according to dimension
pressure
judge
size
leave

Thought that 'airs and graces' had something to do with coquettish behavour?

offering vs dispensing | When we can use 'Drop in and drop in on"?
Thought that 'airs and graces' had something to do with coquettish behavour? #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:35 pm   Thought that 'airs and graces' had something to do with coquettish behavour?

ESL/EFL Test #409 "Air Idioms", question 1

Don't worry about her, she always gives herself airs and graces -- means: ..........

(a) She always walks like that
(b) She always moves around like a cloud
(c) She always thinks she's very important
(d) She always gives herself plenty of time

ESL/EFL Test #409 "Air Idioms", answer 1

Don't worry about her, she always gives herself airs and graces -- means: She always thinks she's very important.

Correct answer: (c) She always thinks she's very important
_________________________

Thought that 'airs and graces' had something to do with coquettish behavour. Right?

Elga
Elga

Thought that 'airs and graces' had something to do with coquettish behavour? #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 11, 2007 22:55 pm   Thought that 'airs and graces' had something to do with coquettish behavour?

.
Not exactly. 'Airs and graces' are affected manners, put on to impress others.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Why it is satŪ and not sitting? Is it because it was happening in the past?A wolf in sheep's clothing?a dialog of greeting someone after long absenceWhat is entrepreneurial behaviour?The term 'entrepreneur'what is the meaning of "the pull through"?How to use the irregular verb fall?meaning of heavenmeaning of "dropping in on portions"What are compound nouns?What does pour mean?It being 3rd person singular number the line should be like...what is seem?