conspicuous; bulging outward; protruding; remarkable; noticeable
inventive
gifted
salient
pleased

meaning of gracious

What does furry mean? | Look vs. sight
meaning of gracious #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:59 am   meaning of gracious

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Thank you letter", question 10

Thank you once again for sending it to me. I am most gracious. I just have one question: Can you tell me what it is?

(a) once
(b) most
(c) gracious

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #21 "Thank you letter", answer 10

Thank you once again for sending it to me. I am most grateful. I just have one question: Can you tell me what it is?

Correct entry: grateful
The error was: (c) gracious
_________________________

what is gracious?

Elga
Elga

meaning of gracious #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:26 am   meaning of gracious

.
Do you have a DICTIONARY?
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
meaning of gracious #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 07, 2010 19:07 pm   meaning of gracious

I've never seen such a sentence like 'I am most grateful.' Does it mean 'very grateful'?
Itsybitsyspider

meaning of gracious #4 (permalink) Thu Jan 07, 2010 19:24 pm   meaning of gracious

If you google the phrase you will find more than 1,5 million pages.

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcing the next participant in a TV quiz show

What does furry mean? | Look vs. sight
current assets vs. fixed assetsWhat is the largest body of water surrounded by land?How do you put 50 books in 9 shelfs in odd number with no shelf empty?What are billboards?What does set the world on fire mean?"bird of a different color" vs "bird of the same feathers"'the hard shorts the CEO' vs 'the big shorts the CEO'what is the expression of hot off the press?What does platypus mean?What is a platypuse?What is the meaning of lambs?What is the meaning of gross pay?What who does high gear mean?