to pave the way; to create a path; to guide; to initiate; to originate
lock
firm
pioneer
pounce

meaning of "dropping in on portions"

When we can use 'Drop in and drop in on"? | meaning of heaven
meaning of "dropping in on portions" #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 13, 2007 17:23 pm   meaning of "dropping in on portions"

ESL/EFL Test #156 "Idioms with the phrasal verb drop", question 6

Visitors attending the annual Open House have the option of either participating in information sessions for their entire duration or ......... portions of the seminars based on their schedule and interest.

(a) dropping out
(b) dropping in
(c) dropping behind
(d) dropping in on

ESL/EFL Test #156 "Idioms with the phrasal verb drop", answer 6

Visitors attending the annual Open House have the option of either participating in information sessions for their entire duration or dropping in on portions of the seminars based on their schedule and interest.

Correct answer: (d) dropping in on

_________________________

Hi!
i don't understand the meaning of this sentence.
please explain it to me.
Lam tung
Lam tung

meaning of "dropping in on portions" #2 (permalink) Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:41 am   meaning of "dropping in on portions"

.
Visitors can choose between participating in everything and briefly visiting parts of the seminars.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of dizzywhat is the meaning of tobogganing?Why it is satŪ and not sitting? Is it because it was happening in the past?A wolf in sheep's clothing?a dialog of greeting someone after long absenceWhat is entrepreneurial behaviour?The term 'entrepreneur'what is the meaning of "the pull through"?How to use the irregular verb fall?Thought that 'airs and graces' had something to do with coquettish behavour?offering vs dispensingWhat are compound nouns?What does pour mean?