side by side; in alignment; on top of; up-to-date; well-informed
gradually
abreast
ostensibly
smoothly

When we can use 'Drop in and drop in on"?

Thought that 'airs and graces' had something to do with coquettish behavour? | meaning of "dropping in on portions"
When we can use 'Drop in and drop in on"? #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 13, 2007 17:25 pm   When we can use 'Drop in and drop in on"?

ESL/EFL Test #156 "Idioms with the phrasal verb drop", question 3

It is not necessary to attend every class in order to participate, so please ......... and join the fun!

(a) drop off
(b) drop in on
(c) drop behind
(d) drop in

ESL/EFL Test #156 "Idioms with the phrasal verb drop", answer 3

It is not necessary to attend every class in order to participate, so please drop in and join the fun!

Correct answer: (d) drop in

It is not necessary to attend every class in order to participate, so please drop in on and join the fun!
_________________________

hi!
please tell me when we can use 'Drop in and drop in on".
lam Tung
lam Tung

When we can use 'Drop in and drop in on"? #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 13, 2007 22:29 pm   When we can use 'Drop in and drop in on"?

While 'drop in' can be used without an object, 'drop in on' needs one to complete the sentence.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
what is the meaning of tobogganing?Why it is satŪ and not sitting? Is it because it was happening in the past?A wolf in sheep's clothing?a dialog of greeting someone after long absenceWhat is entrepreneurial behaviour?The term 'entrepreneur'what is the meaning of "the pull through"?How to use the irregular verb fall?meaning of heavenoffering vs dispensingWhat are compound nouns?What does pour mean?It being 3rd person singular number the line should be like...