inability to succeed; lack of success; lack; bankruptcy; downfall
replacement
failure
line
tailor

When would i use the term reside in a hotel?

I like them both. | he would have an albatross around his neck?
When would i use the term reside in a hotel? #1 (permalink) Wed Oct 17, 2007 14:33 pm   When would i use the term reside in a hotel?

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Common English Errors (2)", question 3

We always ......... at the hotel by the marina when we go to San Francisco.

(a) stay
(b) live
(c) inhabit
(d) reside

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Common English Errors (2)", answer 3

We always stay at the hotel by the marina when we go to San Francisco.

Correct answer: (a) stay

_________________________

Milla
Milla

When would i use the term reside in a hotel? #2 (permalink) Wed Oct 17, 2007 16:30 pm   When would i use the term reside in a hotel?

if you decide to make the hotel your permanent residence you can say, " I now reside in a hotel". good luck dude and enjoy the hotel stay!!
Bert

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
When would i use the term reside in a hotel? #3 (permalink) Wed Oct 17, 2007 22:22 pm   When would i use the term reside in a hotel?

The term 'reside' sounds far too formal in such a context, though. You'd better use the verb 'live' instead.

When would i use the term reside in a hotel? #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 13:59 pm   When would i use the term reside in a hotel?

hi
can someone explain me whate is the difference between stay , live , inhabit , ...?
thanks a lot!
Smile87

Location: Iran

his own flesh and bloodI'm ready for a lift.an identifying symbolRelative clausedidn't want to have to do vs. didn't want to doin the hold up downtown?When a lift truck tips over, it leaks fuel.a bad hair dayI don't have a ghost of a chance...What is the idiom for 'good cook'?What does sabotage mean?What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?Why not 'above board'?