Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

superior; extraordinary; outstanding
hard
excellent
fundamental
assistant
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
reluctance | You couldn't get a cigarette paper in between them?
listening exercises
Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 18, 2007 15:08 pm   Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #59 "Chit Chat: On the phone", question 4

Charlie: Well, to be ......... I've had a few problems recently.

(a) open
(b) overt
(c) honest
(d) correct

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #59 "Chit Chat: On the phone", answer 4

Charlie: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently.

Correct answer: (c) honest

Hi, Why is this question correct? Please, explain for me.

Rakhine
Rakhine

Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 18, 2007 21:56 pm   Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

'To be honest' is a set phrase meaning 'to tell you the truth' and is used to introduce an admission or confession.
Conchita
Language Coach

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:20 am   Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

I do not know the differents between to be open/honest/over/correct. Please, explain for me.
Trangtra

Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently #4 (permalink) Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:33 am   Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

Trangtra wrote:
I do not know the differents between to be open/honest/over/correct. Please, explain for me.

open is more like thinking outside from the common thought
over is beyond the limit
honest is a self attitude
correct is change the wrong one into the right one

Correct me if I am wrong. By the way, i have a question, why we cannot use open? it's quite common in daily usage.

Thank you
Zellzacks
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently #5 (permalink) Wed Aug 19, 2009 19:47 pm   Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

Hi Mr Toreston how are you?
Now it is 11:15 p.m in IRAN.
Is every things goes well for oyu?
I'm so happy that i can see every week one lesson of you.
It was my best fortune in my life to visit your suitable site.
Would you please guide me more about writing skill ?I'm so interested to learn more.
thank you again ,good by.
Saiedeh
Saiedeh

Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently #6 (permalink) Wed Aug 19, 2009 20:08 pm   Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

Hi Saiedeh,

Thanks for your positive feedback. Yes, you can improve your writing skills by reading and following these ideas: How can I improve my writing skills?

Best regards,
Torsten

TOEFL listening lectures: Why are red crosses erected on Tanna Island?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently #7 (permalink) Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:52 am   Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

Hi Torsten,
I have just done the test, there are only 4 correct sentences. It's so bad so I have to try to do your lessons frequently.
Thank you so much.
Thuynga.
Ttxt

Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently #8 (permalink) Sat Nov 12, 2011 16:58 pm   Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

Hi Torsten,

" I've had a few problems recently."

I'm confused of Why "have & had" are using at the same time ? Can you please explain it to me, Thank you !

Best Regards,
Lily
Lily12

Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently #9 (permalink) Sat Nov 12, 2011 18:09 pm   Phrase: Well, to be honest I've had a few problems recently

Hi Lily,
This link should help:
have had
Language Coach

reluctance | You couldn't get a cigarette paper in between them?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
This country has now adaptedWhat does 'shrub' mean?pay a tolldifference between "pool" and "collect"it is important to considerNeverto work twelve-hour shiftsHow is hard-pressed different from hard-core?What does 'cold hard cash' mean?Why use "distinction" in this sentence?Based on income?What is the difference between "fill in" and "fill out"?Meaning of hard-bitten