freight; luggage; baggage; load
priority
paint
occurrence
cargo

Difference between concern and mind

Time to spare | with their features in the wrong places
Difference between concern and mind #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:20 am   Difference between concern and mind

Test No. incompl/elem-3 "Drive carefully", question 3

Do what you like, I really don't ..........

(a) concern
(b) interested
(c) dislike
(d) mind

Test No. incompl/elem-3 "Drive carefully", answer 3

Do what you like, I really don't mind.

Correct answer: (d) mind

Do what you like, I really don't interested.
_________________________

I don't understand the meaning of this sentence "Do what you like" What does it means?

Juthamas
Juthamas

WHAT YOU LIKE #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:44 am   WHAT YOU LIKE

This means do whatever you want to do -it's your choice,
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Difference between concern and mind #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:30 am   Difference between concern and mind

what is the differenc between concern and mind?
why "concern" is wrong?
303023196

Location: China

Difference between concern and mind #4 (permalink) Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:56 am   Difference between concern and mind

what is the difference between "I don't care" and "I don't mind"?
Tae_Way

Difference between concern and mind #5 (permalink) Fri Apr 11, 2008 13:00 pm   Difference between concern and mind

This thread has been obeyed by the staff :(
Fardian

Difference between concern and mind #6 (permalink) Fri Apr 11, 2008 14:22 pm   Difference between concern and mind

.
'Concern' is wrong because it requires a different syntax: Do what you like, I am really not concerned.

The difference between "I don't care" and "I don't mind" is small, and here they would be synonymous, but "I don't mind' can also mean "It's OK".

What do you mean by "obeyed", fardian?
.
_________________

Difference between concern and mind #7 (permalink) Sat Jul 25, 2009 13:20 pm   Difference between concern and mind

why intersted is not the correct answer?
Mahtab

Difference between concern and mind #8 (permalink) Sat Jul 25, 2009 14:50 pm   Difference between concern and mind

'Interested' is an adjective, so it can't work with 'don't'.
_________________

Difference between concern and mind #9 (permalink) Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:55 pm   Difference between concern and mind

Thank you very much, I have another question that is not related to this topics, how can I review grammar points very quickly? I mean a source which help me. I have a big problem, my listening is not very bad and i can understand about 80% of total conversation,but my writing and specially speaking is awful. what kind of exercises can help me to improve my skills ?
Mahtab

Difference between concern and mind #10 (permalink) Sun Aug 30, 2009 23:50 pm   Difference between concern and mind

this website is very seriues. I had tried to correct my answers next time I've been here but i cant. it records the last answers.

we should be carful when we answered the quize!!
Famas

Location: Yemen

Difference between concern and mind #11 (permalink) Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:06 pm   Difference between concern and mind

Do what you like, I really don't mind.
What is difference between "do what you like" and "what do you like"? Is it the first phrase expressing that the speaker is unhappy?
Thanks!
An
Trang An

Difference between concern and mind #12 (permalink) Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 pm   Difference between concern and mind

'Do what you like' is a statement that suggests you can do whatever you want to do and it doesn't matter to me. 'What do you like?' is a question and is asking someone what it is that they like.

_________________

Difference between concern and mind #13 (permalink) Sun Mar 21, 2010 13:24 pm   Difference between concern and mind

thank you so much .
you have been very helpful
Tawfeeq

Location: Yemen

Difference between concern and mind #14 (permalink) Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:03 pm   Difference between concern and mind

I'm sure that Trang An wanted another answer at his/her question. I think his/her question was related at the difference between : "do what you like" versus "what do you like". Which is the correct formulation?
Perse13

Difference between concern and mind #15 (permalink) Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 pm   Difference between concern and mind

Perse13

some lines about King Arthur's timeMissing spaceMissing spacenegated byMissing spacesIn fact, a child...unsteady and giddy.What is an entablature?Change, fly, jog, eatsuccess will largely depend onDifference between there / in thereWhy does Alice (in Wonderland) say so?what is "i'd"