weather conditions; surrounding conditions; atmosphere; setting
discount
superior
fraction
climate

what is the meaning of tobogganing?

Why it is satŪ and not sitting? Is it because it was happening in the past? | meaning of dizzy
what is the meaning of tobogganing? #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 23, 2007 16:14 pm   what is the meaning of tobogganing?

ESL/EFL Test #263 "Irregular Verbs Test (11)", question 9

We went tobogganing at Christmas time. My children ......... down the hills, over and over again, in wonderment. I like it when they're happy.

(a) slide
(b) sliding
(c) slid

ESL/EFL Test #263 "Irregular Verbs Test (11)", answer 9

We went tobogganing at Christmas time. My children slid down the hills, over and over again, in wonderment. I like it when they're happy.

Correct answer: (c) slid
_________________________

what is the meaning of tobogganing?

Leery
Leery

Toboganning #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 23, 2007 16:33 pm   Toboganning

It's a Canadian term that, according to Merriam-Webster dictionary, means: "the act of riding a toboggan down a hill." A toboggan is "a long flat-bottomed light sled made usually of thin boards curved up at one end with usually low handrails at the sides."
In Canada, every year in the winter, people go tobogganning down large snowy hills. They called it "sledding" in the US.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Mortgage supporting documents by signed on the same date that they are dated?hung up vs hung overWhat is the meaning of heightened?What does this idiom mean: "clear the air"What is difference between hit and beat?difference between think and thinkinghad vs didn'talone vs lonesomeA wolf in sheep's clothing?a dialog of greeting someone after long absenceWhat is entrepreneurial behaviour?The term 'entrepreneur'what is the meaning of "the pull through"?