to express regret; to say sorry
slot
chop
apologize
mistake

What is the difference in meaning between adaptable and compatible

allocate vs. arrange | What is the difference between adapted and accommodated?
What is the difference in meaning between adaptable and compatible #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:02 am   What is the difference in meaning between adaptable and compatible

ESL/EFL Test #17 "At the Computer", question 8

Unfortunately this program is not ......... with the operating system on my computer.

(a) amicable
(b) compatible
(c) adaptable
(d) amenable

ESL/EFL Test #17 "At the Computer", answer 8

Unfortunately this program is not compatible with the operating system on my computer.

Correct answer: (b) compatible

Unfortunately this program is not adaptable with the operating system on my computer.
_________________________

what is the different in meaning between adaptable and compatible?

Roni
Roni

What is the difference in meaning between adaptable and compatible #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:57 am   What is the difference in meaning between adaptable and compatible

compatible

adaptable

'Adaptable' wouldn't be followed by the preposition 'with', but 'to'.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What is the difference in meaning between adaptable and compatible #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 27, 2007 21:48 pm   What is the difference in meaning between adaptable and compatible

Hi Alaa,

In addition to Conchita's explanation you might be interested in the difference between difference and different: 'different' is an adjective while 'difference' is a noun.

TOEIC listening, photographs: A rocket

infinitive vs. gerundfar as an adverb?meaning of "Dressing up for work"How to use balance sheet?meaning of "external communication"whether you can help me to check my mistakes in my writingWhatis the meaning of whipping?What is the meaning of thrashing?What is the difference between paintings and sketches?Mortgage supporting documents by signed on the same date that they are dated?hung up vs hung overWhat is the meaning of heightened?What does this idiom mean: "clear the air"