universe; empty area; gap; area; interval
construction
documentation
choice
space

meaning of "Dressing up for work"

How to use balance sheet? | far as an adverb?
meaning of "Dressing up for work" #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:48 am   meaning of "Dressing up for work"

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #174 "Dressing expressions", question 8

......... for work doesn't make you more productive on the job -- but it does make you look and act more professional, and it upgrades your image in the eyes of others.

(a) Dressing down
(b) Dressing gown
(c) Dressing up
(d) Dressing room

ESL/EFL Test #174 "Dressing expressions", answer 8

Dressing up for work doesn't make you more productive on the job -- but it does make you look and act more professional, and it upgrades your image in the eyes of others.

Correct answer: (c) Dressing up
_________________________

the question is not clear?

Meenta
Meenta

meaning of "Dressing up for work" #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:10 am   meaning of "Dressing up for work"

.
Dressing up = dressing well, neatly. The other answers are inappropriate-- B and D are just compound nouns.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'insurance policy' vs 'insurance agreement'Explanation of the phrase "concerned about someone"'give way' vs 'yield''walked a lot' vs 'worked a lot'meaning of climaxis now it applicable in all forms of business?what does "count on" mean?meaning of distinguishedinfinitive vs. gerundmeaning of "external communication"whether you can help me to check my mistakes in my writingWhatis the meaning of whipping?What is the meaning of thrashing?