to be involved; to join in
choose
recruit
participate
engage

teaching your wife to drive?

Meaning of 'would-be house buyer' | Survive = continue to live
teaching your wife to drive? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 10, 2007 22:04 pm   teaching your wife to drive?

ESL/EFL Test #34 "Teaching your Wife to Drive", question 9

I am proud to say that I taught my wife and my two sons and they all ......... first time.

(a) past
(b) passing
(c) passed
(d) pass

ESL/EFL Test #34 "Teaching your Wife to Drive", answer 9

I am proud to say that I taught my wife and my two sons and they all passed first time.

Correct answer: (c) passed
_________________________

teaching your wife to drive?

Hubby
Hubby

teaching your wife to drive? #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:04 am   teaching your wife to drive?

.
What's so funny?
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
teaching your wife to drive? #3 (permalink) Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:16 am   teaching your wife to drive?

Mister Micawber wrote:
.
What's so funny?
.

Maybe the wife and the sons were not bright and had a very slight chance of passing :)

teaching your wife to drive? #4 (permalink) Sun Nov 11, 2007 18:03 pm   teaching your wife to drive?

Hi Hubby,

Does your question suggest that 'Teaching your wife to drive' is unusual/strange or what?

_________________

teaching your wife to drive? #5 (permalink) Mon Aug 12, 2013 23:15 pm   teaching your wife to drive?

Can I say a true story "Why I couldn't learn drive?- How do the women, and the instructor see the role of hubbies?

I try to cut a long story short. It is a true story. My hubby always told me: "Not to learn to drive, I am here so you have a very good driver." I never thought that he really didn't want that I couldn't drive.

Once I came from my work-place and in the street where I live I saw a notice: Now we instruct you to drive at a bargain price. I went in, the course already began I told that the course was interested me. The instructor told me that I had to pay now 10 000 Forint and at the end another 10 000 Ft. I told that I live near here and I bring the money. The instructor told me that sit down and when he finishes instructing us I could go and come back with the money.

When I arrived home I asked my husband what do you think why I came home later? Of course he couldn't answer, and I said to him that : " Give me very quickly 10 000 Ft because I had myself registered in a driving car course " What? -he hurled- you didn't ask me. etc. I said to him to give me the money because I had to pay.

First there was the exam of road sign test. I passed, and an instructor began to instruct me how to drive. The instructor was very satisfied with my driving. He regularly pledged to me that till I wouldn't pass the driving test how much my husband intreated me to show him how I could drive : "YOU NEVER SHOW HIM ONLY AFTER THE EXAM"

Once we came here in the village and my husband very kindly asked me: " Kati, show me how you can drive." I said first "Non, because my instructor one hundred times asked me that I would show you after exam"

Of course:Finally I agreed. We went in a very big parking place in the campsite, as there was already October, it was empty. I could do everything what he asked me. But my driving went awry. How ? He began more an more difficult maneuvers to do.

At the end he told me :
-Do you see that trash container ?
-Yes- I told.
-Drive there and stop before that for 20 centimeters.
I drove there, and I stopped about 40 centimeters from it.
-I asked you to stop 20 centimeters.-he said.
-I don't know.-I told
-Try it.
I became so confused that I pressed the accelerator instead of the clutch and I turned over the container, I crashed his brand new car, and I began to shudderingly cry.

In the afternoon I went my last instruction to say "Thanks" to the instructor.

He asked: What happened? I said to him. And he told me you didn't keep the GOLDEN RULE: I BEGGED YOU ONLY AFTER THE EXAM YOU MAY SHOW HIM HOW YOU CAN DRIVE Unfortunately I lost my courage forever.
_________________

Why "no cigar"?briefing vs. clearingWhat does proposed mean?Assure vs. assertMeaning of 'overrun'Meaning of 'come into force'Difference between transpose and transferDifference between attached and includedWhat is the difference between goal and aim?What does this idiom mean: 'to get fired'?Question tagsWhat does wear thin mean?What does the word 'restrain' mean?