Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to authorize; to appoint as representative; to pass a duty or responsibility on to someone else
suit
receipt
explain
delegate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

simple present vs. present continuous

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Phrase: I say "I've got to go now" when I am late | What does fed up mean?
listening exercises
simple present vs. present continuous #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:33 am   simple present vs. present continuous

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #260 "Irregular Verbs Test (8)", question 5

Every time the family goes shopping, Trish ......... her son push the cart in the grocery store.

(a) let
(b) letting
(c) lets

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #260 "Irregular Verbs Test (8)", answer 5

Every time the family goes shopping, Trish lets her son push the cart in the grocery store.

Correct answer: (c) lets

WHY NOT LETTING?

Micky
Micky

simple present vs. present continuous #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:10 am   simple present vs. present continuous

We use the present simple in that sentence because it is a habit or routine. Besides, to form the present continuous, we would need the verb 'to be': Trish is letting.
Conchita
Language Coach

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Phrase: I say "I've got to go now" when I am late | What does fed up mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What's the irregular form of clean?meaning if sealWhat does "clue" mean?phrase "I haven't a minute to spare"difference among 'duty', 'task' and 'assignment'Usage of preposition "On"difference between quit, deserted and abandon"just about" = "almost"?difference between the verbs 'change', 'alter' and 'modify'forgot vs forgethow is the word order when do question with enough?"piece" vs "token"difference between assets and asset