Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to wither; to die out; to bleach; to disappear
authorize
fade
weigh
revive
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

meaning of "roll up our sleeves"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
"that picks people up" instead of "that picks up people"? | Meaning of toothpick
listening exercises
meaning of "roll up our sleeves" #1 (permalink) Tue Nov 13, 2007 15:31 pm   meaning of "roll up our sleeves"

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #46 "Clothing Idioms (2)", question 7

Well, it's time to roll up our sleeves!

(a) work hard
(b) wash our clothes
(c) eat

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #46 "Clothing Idioms (2)", answer 7

Well, it's time to work hard!

Correct answer: (a) work hard

I do not know "rool up our sleeves" mean?

Editha
Editha

meaning of "roll up our sleeves" #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 13, 2007 16:37 pm   meaning of "roll up our sleeves"

When you want to work really hard, like there's no tomorrow I'd say, you usually roll up your sleeves in order not to stain your clothes.

It's time we rolled up our sleeves if we want to speak English :)
Lost_Soul
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "roll up our sleeves" #3 (permalink) Tue Dec 22, 2009 15:38 pm   meaning of "roll up our sleeves"

dear Lost soul
what about people who wear short sleeves!!!!, actually i am rolled up my sleeves for studying English long time ago, but i am still noticing that my English is not improving.

yours Mohamed
Mgali
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

hello #4 (permalink) Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:22 am   hello

it means working hard.

"that picks people up" instead of "that picks up people"? | Meaning of toothpick
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
the grass is greener on the other side?What does dresssing mean in connection with food?"I'll want to salad with that"? is it right?your body temperature. increasesCould it be "Yes, do you have a pen and some paper(s)"?display as a verb vs. display as a nounIs to pull around mean to carry or to overcome?Could we say "They understand well each other"?Use 'in the United States and Canada' not 'in the United Stated and in Canada'?Why did a lot of pedestrian walk across the street when the light turned green?The days of the week?What means adin in the definition of amoktradušao da palavra SHY please