mark; objective; aim; object; goal
dietician
trade
format
target

what is the difference between back and head?

meaning of together | difference between attackers and destroyers
what is the difference between back and head? #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 02, 2007 17:24 pm   what is the difference between back and head?

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Speaking: The Wedding", question 4

The other students described them as Romeo and Juliet and used to make fun of them behind their ..........

(a) heads
(b) eyes
(c) ears
(d) backs

ESL/EFL Test #48 "Speaking: The Wedding", answer 4

The other students described them as Romeo and Juliet and used to make fun of them behind their backs.

Correct answer: (d) backs
_________________________

Jepardino
Jepardino

what is the difference between back and head? #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:36 am   what is the difference between back and head?

.
Please try your DICTIONARY for the words. 'Behind one's back' is an idiom meaning 'intentionally without one's knowledge'.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
what's is the meaning of exaggerated?'The fire was caused' vs 'The fire were caused'Is there a formal way to say: pull your socks up?'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance'What is a turning point story?what does agriculture mean?What does "dispute" mean?A humorist writes funny stories, but how about poems?meaning of the final disasteris this a collocation?what is a minimum price for which a certain designated stock may be initially...What is the meaning of aftermath?what is genre?