Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to reduce the size of; to make smaller; to cut the number of employees
ferry
impress
downsize
destroy
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance'

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is a turning point story? | Is there a formal way to say: pull your socks up?
listening exercises
'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance' #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 08, 2007 13:15 pm   'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #119 "English Tenses", question 6

Sarah: At least ......... me a chance.

(a) give
(b) gave
(c) giving
(d) are giving

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #119 "English Tenses", answer 6

Sarah: At least give me a chance.

Correct answer: (a) give

Your answer was: incorrect
Sarah: At least gave me a chance.

Why I'm wrong?

Nata
Nata

'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance' #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 08, 2007 15:33 pm   'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance'

The sentence is in the imperative mood, which only takes the dictionary form of the verb ('give').

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is a turning point story? | Is there a formal way to say: pull your socks up?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
meaning of "intense person"meaning of "hole up"What does "stock quote ticker" mean?English verb "led"usage 'boat' instead of 'ship'phrasal verbs in Englishwhat is the difference between outcast and isolated?what's is the meaning of exaggerated?'The fire was caused' vs 'The fire were caused'what does agriculture mean?What does "dispute" mean?A humorist writes funny stories, but how about poems?meaning of the final disaster