to reduce the size of; to make smaller; to cut the number of employees
ferry
impress
downsize
destroy

'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance'

What is a turning point story? | Is there a formal way to say: pull your socks up?
'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance' #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 08, 2007 13:15 pm   'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance'

ESL/EFL Test #119 "English Tenses", question 6

Sarah: At least ......... me a chance.

(a) give
(b) gave
(c) giving
(d) are giving

ESL/EFL Test #119 "English Tenses", answer 6

Sarah: At least give me a chance.

Correct answer: (a) give

Sarah: At least gave me a chance.
_________________________

Why I'm wrong?

Nata
Nata

'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance' #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 08, 2007 15:33 pm   'At least give me a chance' vs 'At least gave me a chance'

.
The sentence is in the imperative mood, which only takes the dictionary form of the verb ('give').
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "intense person"meaning of "hole up"What does "stock quote ticker" mean?English verb "led"usage 'boat' instead of 'ship'phrasal verbs in Englishwhat is the difference between outcast and isolated?what's is the meaning of exaggerated?'The fire was caused' vs 'The fire were caused'what does agriculture mean?What does "dispute" mean?A humorist writes funny stories, but how about poems?meaning of the final disaster