Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to cause not to happen; to avert; to delay; to impede; to hinder
sponsor
travel
prevent
border
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

what does 'have a change of heart' mean?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
seven engineering feats | 'live up a hill' versus 'live into a hill'
listening exercises
what does 'have a change of heart' mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 12, 2007 0:58 am   what does 'have a change of heart' mean?

English Grammar Error, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #11 "I really wonder", question 6

Although he had made every effort to show that he had had a change of heart and would try to go straight in the future, nobody was in the least convicted.

(a) every effort
(b) had had
(c) go straight
(d) convicted

English Grammar Error, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #11 "I really wonder", answer 6

Although he had made every effort to show that he had had a change of heart and would try to go straight in the future, nobody was in the least convinced.

Correct entry: convinced
The error was: (d) convicted

what does 'have a change of heart' mean ? thank you for your explanation. best regard

paradigma
paradigma

what does 'have a change of heart' mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:24 am   what does 'have a change of heart' mean?

change of heart = change of mind for emotional reasons

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
what does 'have a change of heart' mean? #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:42 pm   what does 'have a change of heart' mean?

Although he had made every effort to show that he had had a change of heart and would try to go straight in the future, nobody was in the least convinced.

wonder to know why not "go straightly in the future" it is not adverb here ?
thank you
Lili6
You can meet me at english-test.net

what does 'have a change of heart' mean? #4 (permalink) Mon Aug 22, 2011 13:34 pm   what does 'have a change of heart' mean?

Hi,

Not all adverbs have to end in 'ly'. Some adjectives remain the same when you use them as adverbs. For example: She drives a fast (adjective) car/ She always drives fast (adverb).

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

what does 'have a change of heart' mean? #5 (permalink) Mon Aug 22, 2011 13:39 pm   what does 'have a change of heart' mean?

go straight: (informal) to live a law-abiding life; no longer engage in crime or wrong behaviour.

seven engineering feats | 'live up a hill' versus 'live into a hill'
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
mergers and acquisitionseasementhe leaned over to whisper somethingI don't sleep as wellPlease, explain to me why correct answer is CIs tipping a taxi driver customary"mostly important" or "most importantly"Will you, please, explain to me?figurative expressionDoes hysterically mean funny?difference between sight and viewWhat does 'get over' mean?insist vs consist