photograph; drawing; painting; film; embodiment
exhibition
picture
fluctuation
medium

What does "stock quote ticker" mean?

English verb "led" | meaning of "hole up"
What does "stock quote ticker" mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:36 am   What does "stock quote ticker" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #478 "MagicTicker", question 1

MagicTicker is a stock ......... ticker that looks much like the tickers you see on CNBC; it is fully configurable so you can watch just the stocks you want, and you can also input the number of shares you own for all your stocks and watch your portfolio move in real time.

(a) count
(b) quote
(c) sale
(d) watch

ESL/EFL Test #478 "MagicTicker", answer 1

MagicTicker is a stock quote ticker that looks much like the tickers you see on CNBC; it is fully configurable so you can watch just the stocks you want, and you can also input the number of shares you own for all your stocks and watch your portfolio move in real time.

Correct answer: (b) quote

MagicTicker is a stock sale ticker that looks much like the tickers you see on CNBC; it is fully configurable so you can watch just the stocks you want, and you can also input the number of shares you own for all your stocks and watch your portfolio move in real time.
_________________________

Why the answer is quote?

Denny
Denny

What does "stock quote ticker" mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:13 am   What does "stock quote ticker" mean?

.
That is the name of the machine, Denny-- it is a stock quote ticker:

As of Monday, Nasdaq intends to extend the operation of its stock quote ticker -- which provides investors with stock price information -- from 5:15 p.m. ET to 6:30 p.m.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does "stock quote ticker" mean? #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:12 am   What does "stock quote ticker" mean?

Hi Denny,

Please note that your question should read: Why is the answer "quote"?

TOEIC listening, photographs: A truck on the highway

What does "here and there" mean?What on earth do you mean?"Doesn't know nothing" vs. "Doesn't know anything"It after when?phrase "told me to MIND my own business"Has the another's person real life or just only make up?"take off" vs "take up"meaning of "intense person"what does 'print the flyers' mean?usage 'boat' instead of 'ship'phrasal verbs in Englishwhat is the difference between outcast and isolated?what's is the meaning of exaggerated?