to give up; to renounce; to deny; to disavow; to retract
customize
administer
appear
recant

What does "here and there" mean?

What on earth do you mean? | How to use "have to"?
What does "here and there" mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:24 am   What does "here and there" mean?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", question 6

A. Yes, I have done a lot of jobs when you come to think about it and in all sorts of places, hear and there you might say.

(a) in
(b) hear
(c) might

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", answer 6

A. Yes, I have done a lot of jobs when you come to think about it and in all sorts of places, here and there you might say.

Correct entry: here
The error was: (b) hear

You have found the error but your entry is incorrect.
_________________________

what does the phase"hare and there" mean?

Thanks a lot.
Funda
Funda

What does "here and there" mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:47 am   What does "here and there" mean?

.
'Here and there' means 'in various places and/or at various times'.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of the phrase "a way in a jungle"what does the phrase 'halt mass murder' mean?I think the word 'oftuberculosis' should be modified to 'of tuberculosis'Damaged beyond repair?idiom "He's gone right down in my estimation"Expression: You can't have your cake and eat itis "quick on the uptake" a phrase?These expressions are too literal!What does "sitcom is a riot" mean?"Doesn't know nothing" vs. "Doesn't know anything"It after when?phrase "told me to MIND my own business"Has the another's person real life or just only make up?