cause; agent; broker; financier; money lender
factor
behalf
warranty
exchange

Difference between checkout and sales point

Difference between check and explore | If you mention...
Difference between checkout and sales point #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2005 22:52 pm   Difference between checkout and sales point

Test No. incompl/advan-16 "At the Shops", question 3

The trouble with these huge superstores is that they don't have enough ......... to deal with customers at busy times.

(a) barriers
(b) sales points
(c) exits
(d) checkouts

Test No. incompl/advan-16 "At the Shops", answer 3

The trouble with these huge superstores is that they don't have enough checkouts to deal with customers at busy times.

Correct answer: (d) checkouts

The trouble with these huge superstores is that they don't have enough sales points to deal with customers at busy times.
_________________________

why not "sales points"? I couldn't understand and find the meaning of "checkout" here
Batarya

Difference between checkout and sales point #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 24, 2005 23:06 pm   Difference between checkout and sales point

A checkout is the place within a store, shop or another commercial establishment where customers pay for the goods they have purchased. A sales point is a place where something is sold.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a registration clerk during registration week

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of under the weatherStill vs. quietMeaning of make forMeaning of finished off quicklyHow do we use this construction: "as fast as possible" (as adverb as)Lead you to believeMeaning of off sickMeaning of off-handMeaning of happy-go-luckyWhat does this idiom mean: "bear with me"?Difference between competitive and competingDifference between interact and interveneMeaing of blue collar worker